Richard Dunne

Zatman

taking into account dunnes age, i think he would still be good for one more season as back up, we wont get much for him anyway, his wages might be high ,but hes not the only one, by the time hes ready to leave, baker should be more ready for a no.4 place chosen centre back (behind vlaar, clark and +1)

as for defoe, even though hes good, i dont think hed adjust to our team and wouldnt want to be here, abit like bent i guess, lol

i think we're desperately missing him at the moment, old or not...

there are some games where you just need a wise old head that's gonna be prepared to boot people up in the air....

three kids out of four in the back line is killing us at the moment...

Our poor goal difference is mainly due to the Man City and Southampton games - I can't see how Dunne would've helped us in either of those.

Absolutely. City Southampton and Everton alone is -10.

I don't see Dunne returning. He's 33, massive contract up in the summer and not known for being great on the ball. Clearly has injury problems. I would bring in someone in January to replace him, but would keep faith in Vlaar + Clark/Baker. The only way these players will ever develop is playing games. Clark is definitely improving, slowly but surely. He was excellent last night.

Our poor goal difference is mainly due to the Man City and Southampton games - I can't see how Dunne would've helped us in either of those.

I think a little bit of experience against Southampton would have helped if I am honest.

• 3 weeks later...

He won't play for us again. Not that we are missing him, he's now well and truly past it. Another one of MON's overpaid relics bites the dust. Can we not just pay up his contract?

Cheerio Dunne, thanks for the first season (when you obviously wanted to prove a point to Man City), but after that you were either 1) crocked or 2) shite. I hope we never see this type of player in our team again.

i like dunne but i accept the fact that its time for him to leave, we arent going to get much more from him for what were paying him anyway, its not going to be value for money on our behalf for him to stay

but i do think we need to replace him, actually i think it would of been better to sell dunne at the time when we sold cuellar, but kept cuellar instead

maybe stoke would be interested in a player + money deal for huth ?! probably not...

Â