Richard Dunne

Zatman

No point keeping Dunne for another season, he'll be 34 by that time.

Would rather we bought someone in.

MON forced Cahill out.

Yes by not playing him and thats what i was suggesting could happen if Dunne and Vlaar formed a partnership thereby not allowing Clark enough game time.

Maybe start with giving him fifteen minutes off the bench.

He's a centre half, they don't tend to come off the bench unless there's an injury. Also given how many schoolboy errors he makes he's the last player I'd want to see coming off the bench fro 15 minutes as he wouldn't be up to speed with the game.

Yes by not playing him and thats what i was suggesting could happen if Dunne and Vlaar formed a partnership thereby not allowing Clark enough game time.

Well considering Dunne is 33, i'm sure the Partnership would not last long, either because Dunne got injured or because he will be released at the end of the season.

He should not start anyway, doesn't deserve to.

Dunne's wages could be put to better use.

Well considering Dunne is 33, i'm sure the Partnership would not last long, either because Dunne got injured or because he will be released at the end of the season.

:thumb:

by the time he gets back to playing for us Vlaar and Clark will have played quite a few games with each other and It would be a shame to dismantle it if they were working well together as a unit.

Since there is no offer of another contract for Dunne and he is leaving in June combined with his age coming off from a big long injury I don't see how he will now play anything more than a experienced defender sub role.

Now unless clark or vlaar get injured he will remain as great back up to have until we replace him in the summer for another player of the vlaar mould.

He should not start anyway, doesn't deserve to.

Dunne's wages could be put to better use.

Pretty much what i was alluding to in my post!

in all fairness, and credit where its due, dunne has been brilliant for us past few seasons, hes by no means a mellberg or laursen, but hes been up there with his work rate

but as mentioned, the one thing against him is his age, but saying that, maybe theres just one more season in him?

He was in a video on the website, visiting the Children Hospital and he seemed to be walking fine.

Although I've just watched Lambert's' press conference and he's saying Dunne has a strain in a different place to his injury, but nothing serious.

really? I can't say I've followed them too much, but I thought they were taken over by some chaps ( hence why they were able to get into the CL in the first place? Did they bugger off or was I wrong?

Some chaps (Qatari royals, allegedly) that the club haven't even been able to get in contact with for months now. This in spite of player's wages going unpaid, threats of legal action, transfer fee payments missed (e.g. money owed to Osasuna for Nacho Monreal) and a subsequent transfer ban from the LFP, the board's chief advisor passing away, a regular turnover over of directors... the list goes on. With no line of communication to the owners, off the pitch the club is in utter disarray and are desperate for another party to buy off the elusive Qataris. Strange (or rather all the more impressive) then, that in spite of everything Pellegrini's working wonders on the pitch. Top of their CL group and 5th in the league.

Â