Richard Dunne

Zatman

I'm sure Zog played there for newcastle... im sure. Not that it would help us defensively at all but what the eck... cant get worse than 3-0 to wigan at home

Zog gives too many silly free kicks away so no to LB

He has been out long enough, almost like he has broke a leg ffs! Does he even want to come back and play?

I rate him very highly, him and Vlaar will be immense when they both FINALLY get back to full fitness for the rest of the season.

My only worry is, it always takes a few games to get back to full match fitness from such a long time out, seems like nothing goes right for us to Villa right now.

Really pleased the big man is back in training. I'm surprised I'm saying that but there you go. I think he and Vlaar could compliment each other well.

Dunne is a bit of an oaf. He's got the turning circle of a tank, quick enough when he gets up to speed but he's slow enough off the block for this to be an issue. Doubt this has improved after 6 months sat on his arse. He'll score an own goal or three too as is his want.

He is though an excellent reader of the game, a leader on the pitch, experienced and dare I say it under a new environment, with new faces a fresh start, potentially a leader off it too. He might well have a point to prove.

Plus for 90 minutes every week the big lump will put his body on the line for us. I think Vlaar is a better version of Collins, more dynamic and athletic than Dunne but still physically capable. The two may well work well together.

Here's hoping.

Get him back in the team ASAP. There is absolutely no organisation in that back four at all. Clark sticks his hands out indicating he wants the defensive line to push up from time to time but nobody seems to pay any notice.

• Like 1

Rush him back as soon as possible then put Clark in midfield to 'hold' allowing whoever else to get foward and do some damage.

As it looks less and less likely we'll sign anyone in January, the more and more important it is we get Dunne back to fitness.

Rush him back as soon as possible then put Clark in midfield to 'hold' allowing whoever else to get foward and do some damage.

As it looks less and less likely we'll sign anyone in January, the more and more important it is we get Dunne back to fitness.

Agreed - I'd certainly be looking to start him Friday in the FA Cup.

I wouldn't be surprised if he looks fitter and leaner, after all he will be looking for someone to give him a new 3 year contract within the next few months, its not going to look too good turning up looking like Mr Blobby.

I am never surprised when players get fit and play through pain before their contracts run out.

Â