Richard Dunne

Zatman

I would kill to have Dunne back. Regardless of mistakes in the past he is far more solid than our current crock of shite in defence and I've always liked his commitment. He is also commanding, which we just don't have without him or Stan. I would go

Lowton Dunne Vlaar Baker

Bennett, Clark, Lichaj and Stevens could never play in a Villa shirt ever again for all I care

If he would take a considerable pay cut say 50%+ down to around £25/30 grand a week I'd be inclined to offer him a new 1 year deal. His experience could prove crucial this season if he can get fit. It would mean if resources are still limited in the summer we could focus them elsewhere.

Trapattoni revealed that Dunne had wanted to travel to Dublin for the friendly but that he had told the Aston Villa defender to save himself for next month's vital games.

"I said to him that at this moment, I don't want to make trouble with the club," added Trapattoni.

"We need him for the matches and it will be important that he gets through these medical tests."

Dunne needs to realise who pays his wages..

Trapattoni revealed that Dunne had wanted to travel to Dublin for the friendly but that he had told the Aston Villa defender to save himself for next month's vital games.

"I said to him that at this moment, I don't want to make trouble with the club," added Trapattoni.

"We need him for the matches and it will be important that he gets through these medical tests."

maybe just maybe he wants to play and manager doesnt

maybe just maybe he wants to play and manager doesnt

No prior to Newcastle game Lambert said he would let Dunne decide if he was able to play. 

lol, i said this a few pages back that theres no way dunne is injured, for whatever reason, other than injury, dunne is clearly refusing to play, otherwise we wouldnt be in this mess, we wouldnt of conceded so many goals and wed be higher up the table

for whatever reason, dunne is fu ccking this club over, we have a right to know why to be honest

I thought it was a strange coincidence that he got injured the exact same day he was named in the provesional squad and there was a chance he could even have started. A team wouldn't have came in for him and he refused to leave?

you have to love VT, once again absence has made a players improve.  http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/corner-calamities-nothing-new-at-aston-1291502 Evening Mail published an article today to prove just how long set pieces have been an issue for our club.

So far this season we've conceded 17 goals from set plays, last season alone we conceded 25 goals and the season before that we conceded 27 in total.

so any suggestion that Dunne would sort this mess out is laughable, he's been a big part of a similar problem for the past 2 years.

lol, i said this a few pages back that theres no way dunne is injured, for whatever reason, other than injury, dunne is clearly refusing to play, otherwise we wouldnt be in this mess, we wouldnt of conceded so many goals and wed be higher up the table

for whatever reason, dunne is fu ccking this club over, we have a right to know why to be honest

What the **** are you babbling on about?

Eh? The bloke wants to play football, he's clearly chomping at the bit. How on earth have you managed to twist that into a negative?

• Like 1

How could he play for Ireland on sat if he is injured? I don't get this?

What the **** are you babbling on about?

Eh? The bloke wants to play football, he's clearly chomping at the bit. How on earth have you managed to twist that into a negative?
How could he play for Ireland on sat if he is injured? I don't get this? Edited by HeyAnty

He obviously thinks he's ready.

He might not be right, but it's good to see enthusiasm.

Yes I think the quicker he is back the better, but Lambert said last week when he named him in the professional squad that he would talk to him and let him decide if he was ready to play. So did Dunne say he wasn't ready and told trappatoni different. This is what I don't get

Yes I think the quicker he is back the better, but Lambert said last week when he named him in the professional squad that he would talk to him and let him decide if he was ready to play. So did Dunne say he wasn't ready and told trappatoni different. This is what I don't get

It's been a week, what aren't you getting?

I'm trying not to snipe, I just don't understand where you're coming from.

It's been a week, what aren't you getting?

I'm trying not to snipe, I just don't understand where you're coming from.

He told trap at the weekend he wanted to play this coming Saturday. His injury must not be as bad as we suspected if he thinks he could play in that case.

Â