Richard Dunne

Zatman

He is in the provisional squad for tomorrow night and talk about Lambert having to decide weather to risk him.  If he is fit enough to be in the Squad surely he is good enough to start.  Been back training now for 3 weeks. 

He is in the provisional squad for tomorrow night and talk about Lambert having to decide weather to risk him.  If he is fit enough to be in the Squad surely he is good enough to start.  Been back training now for 3 weeks. 

Where do you see the provisional squad? 

If he is in it then that's a massive boost.

All we need now is Stan back and we'll have a half decent spine to the team again. 

Provisional squad was up on itv football.

Quote from Lambert this afternoon...

The Scot will speak with Richard Dunne at training today to see whether the veteran Republic of Ireland centre-half is ready to be thrown back into the fold following a six-month absence with groin and hip problems.

That addition should help as Lambert explained what is missing.

'I need people who are prepared to be cut in the penalty area,' he said. 'People who don't mind having a clash of heads.

'I can believe the supporters are upset by what's happened. They are probably saying the same things as I'm saying.

'But when a ball comes into the box, you have to be prepared to be hurt. It's you against me in the box and you have to be wanting to do it.

I think we should start a petition to have Dunne start tomorrow night.  Think its our only chance of a result.  McGrath played in alot worse shape and put in MOTM performances every time.
Edited by HeyAnty

'I need people who are prepared to be cut in the penalty area,' he said. 'People who don't mind having a clash of heads.

'I can believe the supporters are upset by what's happened. They are probably saying the same things as I'm saying.

'But when a ball comes into the box, you have to be prepared to be hurt. It's you against me in the box and you have to be wanting to do it.

OT but,

Slightly worried by these quotes tbh. The implication of what he is saying is that our current defensive malaise is (at least in part) down to bravery rather than skill.

Edited by choffer

OT but,

Slightly worried by these quotes tbh. The implication of what he is saying is that our current defensive malaise is (at least in part) down to bravery rather than skill.

Ciaren Clark got a concussion last year from a clash of heads. You can't have too many of those in your career.

Lambert could be saying Clark has lost his hunger for the challenge since the concussion. I don't know what Clark's heading battle stats were before, but this year they are comparable to the PL's top CBs.

So the criticism seems unfair. I've not noticed him ducking challenges. The McHugh goal against Bradford is the only goal recently that could be blamed on directly on him and he was just badly positioned rather than making a half-hearted effort to head the ball.

Â