Richard Dunne

Zatman

We need Vlaar back asap and we also need to sign another experienced centre back. If the defence isn't sorted out and we don't stop leaking goals then we will inevitably continue to struggle.

tbh I think the midfield needs more of a sort out; if that was better the defence wouldn't be half as exposed.

As for Dunne, he’s injured so its all a bit wishful thinking....

Well I seriously doubt we'd have conceded this many with Collins and Dunne at the back.

As part of a much better side, those two got torn apart and let in 7 against Chelsea under MO'N. I don't know whether your hypothetical view is right or wrong, but I tend towards disagreeing, personally. In part because it's not just a case of change 2 centre backs for 2 others and we'd let in less - it's the whole side, and the likes of Milner, Carew and so on that played a couple of seasons ago, or so, at Chelsea, are now gone.

It's IMO a daft argument, as it's utterly irrelevant to where we are. One sold, one unavailable through long term absence.

we might as well let this thread drop off the page and be forgotten about, like the titled player in question

just shows how bad we are in need if were calling for him to play, even when injured, looks like he going to be sitting at home with kfc injured untill his contract runs out in the summer, hes not likely to ply ever again,, so lets move on :-)

Heard Lambert on 5 live this morning talking about Richard Dunne ( it was taken from the interview with Pat Murphy after Saturdays game ).Lambert said that he had had an outstanding career for the clubs he had played for and his country and that we had really missed him this season.

I don't agree with Lambert that Dunnes career has been outstanding but I do agree with him in that we have missed him. Given his comments I'd like to think he will be looking in to bring in another centre back.

As I said the other day, it may be worthwhile to pay some contracts off

Possibly. Warnock has 6 months left so I'd estimate around 800k - 1 mill in wages. Offer him perhaps 50% of that now and let him go on a free and he can pick up whatever else he'd of made with us elsewhere. Or he could stay out on loan for the remainder of the season with another club picking up anywhere between 25% and 50% of his salary.

In Dunnes case he is unlikely to be back until March at the earliest and it is I guess a case of whether Lambert would like him around for the last 10 -12 games. Having listened to him speak about Dunne in an interview he did after Saturdays game he had nothing but praise for him so that may be the case. I personally don't think Dunne will kick a ball for us again.

In all fairness the very short term wages of Warnock and Dunne shouldn't be an issue as they are off the books in 6 months. Lerner needs to look at making sure we invest heavily now in fees and wages to ensure our medium to long term future is still in the Premier League.

Edited by markavfc40

i guess players need to gauge how much money they can make in their careers as well?

i dont know how much warnock is on , but say for example hes on £40k per week, 6 months down the line, theres a slimmer chance that he will get close to that, hes still cost near enough a million pound to earn here, but if we give 500k to leave now, theres a chance he could haggle for a little more at his next club than what he could 6 months down he line? so if anything, surely he would be more in pocket if he left down and took a pay off?

if that makes sense? lol

Heard Lambert on 5 live this morning talking about Richard Dunne ( it was taken from the interview with Pat Murphy after Saturdays game ).Lambert said that he had had an outstanding career for the clubs he had played for and his country and that we had really missed him this season.

I don't agree with Lambert that Dunnes career has been outstanding but I do agree with him in that we have missed him. Given his comments I'd like to think he will be looking in to bring in another centre back.

Murphy was on this morning, discussing Dunne among other things, saying the club haven't spent this much time and money on getting him fit just to get rid of him, and that Lambert very much wants to use him. I wasn't clear if that was information received, or just his personal view.

And Murphy also had a couple of very pointed digs at Robbie Savage, very unusual among presenters, saying things like "Well Robbie, I know you like talking over people and you do it a lot, but maybe you can just keep quiet for a moment and listen to someone else for a change...". Mr S seemed a little taken aback. :)

• Like 1

Â