Richard Dunne

Zatman

While not an ideal partnership, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be in this mess had Vlaar and Dunne been playing instead of Clark and Baker (who I still think will become good players for us). If he comes back and helps stabilizes our defence and keeps us up...then gets off the books at the end of the season that would be a win-win situation for us.

Will dunne and concrete play at the same time though, seem pretty similar?

In fairness Clark and Baker seems pretty similar as well, they're both utterly incompetent!

I joke, I actually rate Baker quite highly and I hear Clark did well at the weekend. But I'd much sooner get some experience back into the team with Vlaar and Dunne.

Me either. How low we've sunk.

Whilst I don't really rate him this is a bit harsh and consistantly one of the most pointless comments on Villa Talk.

Dunne will give us that "PL experience and quality" that people bang on about ..... the shouts of "AWAY!" when the ball comes into the box have been conspicuous by thier absence.

Whilst I don't really rate him this is a bit harsh and consistantly one of the most pointless comments on Villa Talk.

Dunne will give us that "PL experience and quality" that people bang on about ..... the shouts of "AWAY!" when the ball comes into the box have been conspicuous by thier absence.

At the start of the season people (like me) would have said that Dunne was one of the players we needed to replace because he wasn't good enough. Now we have to rely on him as some sort of saviour to try and keep us up, dark days...

how many calamitous defenders make team of the season?

Off the top of my head, Pascal Chimbonda for one...

Edited by villa89

At the start of the season people (like me) would have said that Dunne was one of the players we needed to replace because he wasn't good enough. Now we have to rely on him as some sort of saviour to try and keep us up, dark days...

I think most of the issues with Dunne centre around his drinking, his weight and his attitude rather than his ability. Is waiting for an experienced international centre half to return from injury to replace an inexperienced product of the youth academy an indication of "dark days" or "how far we have fallen?"

Â