Richard Dunne

Zatman

I don't like Dunne to slow etc

However

He will do the power of good for our defence coming back telling people what positions to be in and being a leader.

this. Dunne is sheit on the pitch athleticly speaking, but he should be able to help out bringing some leadership for the back four, hopefully able to make the youngsters not panic when were one down etc!

Would prefer Dunne in the team rather than Clark or Baker so good news that he is back training.

Hopefully Dunne gives us a good few months and then we can replace him in the summer!

I agree.

I am pretty sure he came back last season, after being out injured, against West Brom away, had only been back training for a couple of weeks and put in an excellent performance to help secure us a point.

Be good to see him back. I think a defense of Lowton, Vllaar, Dunne and then due to our left back problem either Clark or Baker filling in there, that would be enough to see us through this season provided they all stayed fit. I would however still like to see another centre back signed who has proven himself at this level.

It says something doesn't it that I'm really, really pleased that Dunney is back in the fold!?

He will bring a much-needed experienced head to the backline and his mere presence could act as a calming influence to the nervous youngsters currently being asked to safeguard our Premier League status.

In reality, Richard Dunne is not getting any younger and up against the best strikers in this league may well prove too slow now he's come back from a long-term injury. But, as explained above, his mere inclusion 'could' do psychological wonders to our team. Or maybe I'm just clutching at straws...

I hated Dunne last season (due to his constant hoofing) but im so happy his (almost) back. If hes still an ounce of the player he was at ManC then this is the man to save us from relegation. Vlaar & Dunne will be one heck of a duo, if we could bring in a TANK of a defensive mid too then that would simply be one heck of a brick wall. OOOOUUUUSSSHHHHHHH :flag:

Edited by Daniel1Avfc

Vlaar has got better and betterer since he got injured. At least you'd think so based on some posts.

The best CB at the club has returned from injury, just as the club have slipped into the relegation zone and are about to play a semi cup final, but no let's all be negative just because you say so.

• Like 1

The choice is simple, we either use Dunne or buy a new CB. Big call needed by Lambert. If he can be reasonably sure of Dunne's fitness I'd keep him and spend whatever money is available on the midfield which is probably in a worse state.

I hated Dunne last season (due to his constant hoofing) but im so happy his (almost) back. If hes still an ounce of the player he was at ManC then this is the man to save us from relegation. Vlaar & Dunne will be one heck of a duo, if we could bring in a TANK of a defensive mid too then that would simply be one heck of a brick wall. OOOOUUUUSSSHHHHHHH :flag:

Hoof ball is good espesh when you have james collins by your side ?

Please can we stop putting Baker or Clark at LB. It's not going to work, and hasn't worked.

You're right.

But it's still a damn sight better than any other option at LB we've got, imo.

Â