Richard Dunne

Zatman

When did we "suspect"? I must have missed something over the last week or so. Even if so as I said, perhaps the bloke is jumping the gun himself a little, no harm done.

VT loves a conspiracy theory.

People were on here saying that was him out to end of season and Lambert didn't hold out much hope on in coming back. I didn't see lamberts comments regards this myself but the injury sounded pretty bad.

When did we "suspect"? I must have missed something over the last week or so. Even if so as I said, perhaps the bloke is jumping the gun himself a little, no harm done.

VT loves a conspiracy theory.

People were on here saying that was him out to end of season and Lambert didn't hold out much hope on in coming back. I didn't see lamberts comments regards this myself but the injury sounded pretty bad.

People on here were saying that. Not for the first time, people on here were wrong. I assume you saw Lamberts comments from a week or so ago? As far as I'm aware he hasn't mentioned Dunne since.

Another VT conspiracy theory for the massive pile.

Dont forget the club and Trapatoni had a falling out over Dunne and the Euros. I dont blame the fella for playing if he was carrying an injury, but then I'm not Irish so it doesnt bother me if they get embarrassed in every game and sent home. It does bother me IF that means we lose him for months and are still paying his wages. If they put him in the squad now and he picks up another strain it would be a PR nightmare for the FAI.

as for him making it up. well... its a groin injury, not a broken arm. there's no "oh good he's fixed in a set amount of time" moment I'm afraid. He'll be ready when / if he's ready. Considering he's always had a reputation for being a clean living tea totaller though I'm sure his recovery has been super swift........

He obviously thinks he's ready.

He might not be right, but it's good to see enthusiasm.

Yes I think the quicker he is back the better, but Lambert said last week when he named him in the professional squad that he would talk to him and let him decide if he was ready to play. So did Dunne say he wasn't ready and told trappatoni different. This is what I don't get

It's been a week, what aren't you getting?

I'm trying not to snipe, I just don't understand where you're coming from.

He told trap at the weekend he wanted to play this coming Saturday. His injury must not be as bad as we suspected if he thinks he could play in that case.

the newcastle game was a couple of weeks ago, the irish game is this week. there's a couple of weeks in the difference, so perhaps it was bad enough that he couldn't play against newcastle, a bit niggly so he couldn't play against everton, and fine to play this week? injuries, you know, get better with time

Could just be a manager saying nice things about a current player to keep his spirits up? If the defence are able to prove theyve learnt from the past month + then theres no need to keep him obviously but its not a guarantee. If we did offer a new contract though i am pretty sure it would be on reduced terms to what hes on atn.

It would have to be a reduction of at least 50% in wages. Not going to happen.

Exactly - compare what he's on to what Baker or Clark are on and what they have to offer. He should be on considerably less or even pay as you play. We're not a benevolent fund. Let Stoke or QPR give him a big contract.

Just isn't going to happen. Other than his "experience" he is exactly what the club doesn't want.

I seriously doubt he'll appear for us this season and by extension will never play for us again. We will let his contract expire and wave him off. To do anything else would be stupidity.

Just isn't going to happen. Other than his "experience" he is exactly what the club doesn't want.

I seriously doubt he'll appear for us this season and by extension will never play for us again. We will let his contract expire and wave him off. To do anything else would be stupidity.

We haven't exactly shown any desire for experience under Lambert either, which just about extinguishes the last chance of Dunne having any future here. Same for Given I'd imagine.

Could just be a manager saying nice things about a current player to keep his spirits up? If the defence are able to prove theyve learnt from the past month + then theres no need to keep him obviously but its not a guarantee. If we did offer a new contract though i am pretty sure it would be on reduced terms to what hes on atn.

Yep - if he does play this season - I think the manager is just dangling the carrot of a new contract. He will almost certainly be offered bigger wages elsewhere - so 95% chance of him leaving.

we might as well right him off and forget hes here, let this thread drop off the page

theres probably 5 months left on his contract, and due to his age, everytime hes going to come lose to fitness, there will be another delay, lets just forget him and move on, weve seen the last of him in a shirt for sure

Â