Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

Personally I'm very impressed with his consistency, he really doesn't get enough credit for it.

He can invariably be relied on to make absolutely the wrong choice regarding a run, a pass or a dribble attempt. On those rare occasions when he lets us down by making the right choice he soon makes up for it by **** it up completely.

I'm sick of the sight of him in C&B. I want him gone equally as much as I want to see the back of Hutton, Warnock and Dunne. He spent an entire season being shite and is not going to come good. Don't give me any "He just needs to settle... he just needs to find his confidence... he gets played out of position... he doesn't have the talent around him..." **** bullshit. He is supposedly a pro footballer who moved less than 100 miles to another club and performed marginally better than George Weah's "cousin".

I hope to Christ PL manages to offload him before we find him "Beyeing" us for the next few years.

All I can say to him is "Don't Bogarde this joint, my friend."

Pretty much sums him up.

I think he will only see the best of him if he plays in his position and does what he likes, I'm bored of watching him let defences get back into position.

Winning free kicks is great but please, take a man on, don't wait for him to make a decision. Put in some crosses and take some real responsibility, surely he is good enough.

I can't quite believe how poor he has turned out to be. I'd give him until January, everyone had a really poor season last and it's only been one game of this so if Lambert can get us playing maybe he'll start having more effects on games but I'd say he's pretty close to end of time here unless he finds form and fast.

• Like 1

When we sold Downing and young and replaced with Nzogbia people were saying what great business that was as he was better than both. What a joke.

This is what happens when you sell you best players and replace with inferior ones. You basically lower the ability of the club to compete at a higher level but the fans still have those expectations. This is why lambert has a huge job here and why it will take more than one window to rectify. And also why the fans need to be more realistic with expectations.

Right now I cant think of a signing we've ever made that has managed to produce such opposing performances to what I thought they would. That said it couldnt have been easy last year as an attacking player and a Fat Sam side is a horrible team to play so I'll still give him the benefit of the doubt but he really needs to improve vastly and quickly.

http://tinyurl.com/bn4ypct

CHARLES N’Zogbia admits he must start scoring and creating more as Villa strive to add a ruthless streak to their encouraging approach play.

N’Zogbia provided only two goals and four assists in a disappointing first season in claret and blue following his £9.5 million move from Wigan last summer.

And the French international winger admits he must be more productive in the final third to keep his place in new manager Paul Lambert’s starting XI.

“I definitely need to be getting a few more goals and a few more assists,” said N’Zogbia.

“That would be good and it would be good to be happy playing for Villa.

“The thing I’ve got in my mind is just to play my best, to show my skills and that would be a good start.”

N’Zogbia started Saturday’s defeat to West Ham at Upton Park on the right side of a narrow three-man support unit behind lone striker Darren Bent.

But the 26-year-old was also tried out as a second striker ‘in the hole’ in pre-season and is happy to play in whichever role Lambert prefers.

N’Zogbia, Stephen Ireland and Brett Holman were all tasked with supplying Bent with chances, but created little despite some flowing football against the Hammers.

“I’ve played in ‘the hole’ before when I was in Newcastle, even when I was in Wigan so for me it is nothing new,” said N’Zogbia.

“If he asks me to play in this position I would play because I know what to do and what not to do.

“If I am playing in another position I am happy to play there too.

“For me it’s just to be on the pitch, doing my best and winning the game.”

N’Zogbia admits the onus will be on Villa to put Everton under pressure with attacking football in their first home match of the new season at Villa Park on Saturday afternoon.

And after just four Premier League victories in front of their own supporters last season, N’Zogbia insists they must look for an instant improvement.

“At Villa Park we have to have that winning mentality,” he added.

“We have to play for our fans and play for our club and make sure that when teams come to Villa Park they’re going to know that it will be a hard place for them to win here.

“We have to definitely make sure we show the other team that we’re going to play in their half.”

I still have faith there is a good player in CNZ. He WILL come good.

When we sold Downing and young and replaced with Nzogbia people were saying what great business that was as he was better than both. What a joke.

Only because we thought he was going to bring the form he showed at Wigan.

Arsenal were linked with him at that time too.

Somethings gone wrong somewhere.

Maybe he just cant cope at clubs with any expectation?! Must be easier playing in front of 2000 Wigan fans

I think Zog was a big fish in a small pond, so he stood out.As soon as you put him in with players that are average or above his real class shines through.As far as I am concerened he had his chance last season......time to move on

I should think he would be a star at clubs like QPR,Wolves and Watford.

One game into the season for N'Zogbia, last season he was poor. But the manager didn't help. I'm prepared to give him 5 games or so to let him prove himself. Hopefully once the players gel together in the new style it will bring out the best in N'Zogbia.

I get the impression that N`Zogbia treats this job like a factory job.

Clock on, clock off at knock off time and in between dont do too much if you can help it.

The way he played last week I can see 8 yo girls shoving him off the ball and we dont really need a player that gives the ball away as much as he does.

Sack him and get Ince in.

Â