Rino8

8 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

He might never be the same player,  that is a slender possibility I think.

Sometimes things don't heal properly or it just keeps breaking down in recovery for months and then years and then it's all over.

The other issue is related or non related injuries that players get on their come back.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

He might never be the same player,  that is a slender possibility I think.

Sometimes things don't heal properly or it just keeps breaking down in recovery for months and then years and then it's all over.

He will be 30 when he returns, people are saying Wesley wont be the same level but he has 7 years on Van Dijk. Some players react different to it as well. Zlatan has done ok at 38

• Like 2

Judging by the amount of press, I thought VVD had died as a result of the tackle. 

I got my black armband out just in case. 

Edited by Xela
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Judging by the amount of press, I thought VVD had died as a result of the tackle. 

I think you will be forever waiting for the punchline the coverage deserves. 

No Thermite, meteors or bears. 

It seems it was just a bad tackle.

18 teams, 5 of them English

good luck with that

also I don't see how they remove the biggest stumbling block, the PL is sponsored for how many billions per year by how many companies? and then how many billions for the TV rights? when those 5 teams pull out the investment from those companies isn't worth what they paid, they will sue the PL, the PL will sue the teams, it'll spend years in court

the greed that is forcing this to happen is the same greed that will stop it from happening

if I was cazoo paying villa and everton £20m a year for PL exposure I would be looking for damages should those 5 teams leave the PL

19 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

lol **** off then

Hardly a bombshell at this stage. 

Truth is it wont happen. Juventus, PSG, Bayern, Real, Barca, City, Liverpool, United competing for 1 trophy a season with just one winner compared to 4 now. The gloryhunters would quickly vanish

Current form United be near the bottom and wont have a Newcastle to beat to regain confidence

6 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

Mind you, it's not entirely clear (to me, at least) if this would involve them actually withdrawing from the Premier League or if it just means UEFA are binning the Champions League to make room for this one.

Uefa council get the votes from all the small nations, be terrible political move

TWAAATS, greedy greedy b4stards, game will eventually implode, in fact all big business is the same, we are heading for trouble.

We need a reset, everything needs down sizing.

uh huh yes GIF by Dark Igloo

We're all doomed.

But seriously though, we need a governing body that has the game at heart and not finances.

59 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

if I was cazoo paying villa and everton £20m a year for PL exposure I would be looking for damages should those 5 teams leave the PL

Not sure about that, because an investment is a risk, and Cazoo cannot control what happens to the market or the players on it.

It's a bit like Adidas taking Nike to court if Michael Jordan said that NBA isn't cool anymore. 

But, I agree that it's bullshit, and I think (hope) it will not happen in the shape that they are proposing.

What I think will happen is either:

a) Re-formatting Champions League in some way (Although I really like the current format)
b) Taking League winners and a few special friends (like Liverpool in a normal year when they don't win the league or Barcelona) and creating a small champion of champions tournament with 8 teams making CL just a bit less relevant. 

Â