Rino8

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Klopp must feel stupid now about his reaction to Keane last week about them being sloppy at the back

I forgot about that. The signs were there that they were going to be found out eventually, he just didn't see it somehow.

The signs have been there for a while now, even before they were eventually crowned champions. We should have got something out of the 2-0 defeat at anfield a few months ago.

But let’s be real about this, it’s hard to maintain the kind of levels they’ve had over the past 2-3 seasons, although I don’t think anyone would have seen last night coming.

Edited by bannedfromHandV

25 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The signs have been there for a while now, even before they were eventually crowned champions. We should have got something out of the 2-0 defeat at anfield a few months ago.

But let’s be real about this, it’s hard to maintain the kind of levels they’ve had over the past 2-3 seasons, although I don’t think anyone would have seen last night coming.

It's one thing to decline after a while at the top of your game. It's quite another to have your entire philosophy dismantled over and over and over again across 90 minutes, and completely fail to do anything about it.

One thing that has become painfully clear about Liverpool is that they don't have a plan B. They're used to dominating or at least having enough firepower to outscore just about anyone. What happened last night was frankly a long time coming, and they had no response.

I've also thought for a while that we're due an upset, considering we didn't really manage one all last season (unless you count the Arsenal win). I'm thrilled both of these things happened at the same time.

It goes to show how reliant they are on mane. Without him they are not very good.  Their pressing was pretty shit. I also dont think trent is that good defensively.  Brillaint going forward but suspect at the back.

i think they are misisng matip too. He is a much better cb than gomez

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It goes to show how reliant they are on mane. Without him they are not very good.

I think that's a large exaggeration. In the last 2 seasons he's missed 5 games and they won all 5 (13 goals for, 1 against). He also came off the bench in 5, which they won all of (15G, 3A). And he went off injured in the first half in one, and guess what they won that too.

Mane is world class but without him Liverpool are still great, 11 wins from 11 in games he's played less than 35 minutes in (30G, 5A).

Edited by YouUnastanFren
Missed 2 games he was subbed on late
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I think that's a large exaggeration. In the last 2 seasons he's missed 5 games and they won all 5 (13 goals for, 1 against). He also came off the bench in 5, which they won all of (15G, 3A). And he went off injured in the first half in one, and guess what they won that too.

Mane is world class but without him Liverpool are still great, 11 wins from 11 in games he's played less than 35 minutes in (30G, 5A).

I dont. This season is showing.

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont.

You think a team that wins 11 games out of 11 scoring 30 and conceding only 5 is not very good? I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This season is showing.

He's only missed one match this season 😆 First match they've lost without him in 3 years. Much more likely they just came up against a great side

they were also missing the best keeper in the world and the PL's best player last season...

its a bit of a perfect storm rather than scapegoating one thing, with Alisson behind him and Henderson in front of him does Gomez play that bad? with Henderson are Liverpool that lethargic and let their heads go? with mane do they press better? in general have Liverpool been heading towards a back down to earth type result? I thought TAA got shown for being a limited defender by jack and then I would say probably most annoying for klopp is we generally just out worked them which is unusual for Liverpool, which might be because of the way this season is being played thanks to corona or even players looking forward to a break or the international games

and all of that is just Liverpool, doesn't take in to account that we were excellent

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

You think a team that wins 11 games out of 11 scoring 30 and conceding only 5 is not very good? I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

He's only missed one match this season 😆 First match they've lost without him in 3 years. Much more likely they just came up against a great side

Yeah and going firqard they looked so poor. Your talking about last season mate.

Since watford humilated them. People realised you know what they are good but not unbeatable.  And behold Leeds almost did them.

Confidence is a big thing in football. Without the anfield crowd as well behind them you can see its like they are playing with ten men at times. 

They also got very lucky against us at VP last year

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

And behold Leeds almost did them.

No they didn't, not even close. Leeds were extremely lucky to lose by one, Steve Bruce levels of luck. I think they might have been so unlikely to win that they actually had the lowest xPTS of any side in any game this season.

Liverpool were closer to winning on Sunday than Leeds were to winning that game 😆

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Since watford humilated them

Mane played that game. Hardly proof they're shit without him is it?

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah and going firqard they looked so poor.

They scored 2 and had 14 shots, 8 on target. That's not poor by any metric, even though they were against the best defence in the league this season.

Just now, YouUnastanFren said:

No they didn't, not even close. Leeds were extremely lucky to lose by one, Steve Bruce levels of luck. I think they might have been so unlikely to win that they actually had the lowest xPTS of any side in any game this season.

Liverpool were closer to winning on Sunday than Leeds were to winning that game 😆

Mane played that game. Hardly proof they're shit without him is it?

They scored 2 and had 14 shots, 8 on target. That's not poor by any metric, even though they were against the best defence in the league this season.

Teams dont score three goals and gwt 'lucky' one yeah two maybe but not three. How does that work out when we beat them by 5 goals that logic makes no sense 😂

Well guess we wont know unless mane misses a lot of games is it? He won them more games by him being in the side thats for sure.

Ik not ayaing liverpool are shit, completely. Im saying they have been found out and people wont have the fear factor against them anymore. 

Alisson, Mané, Thiago, Henderson (and Matip) were all missing. Of course that helped even thou they have a good squad.

But we played a great game and exploited their tactics to perfection. They still looked OK offensively but dire defensively, especially Adrian and Gomez, and poor in midfield where Keita had a night to forget.

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Teams dont score three goals and gwt 'lucky' one yeah two maybe but not three. How does that work out when we beat them by 5 goals that logic makes no sense 😂

Well guess we wont know unless mane misses a lot of games is it? He won them more games by him being in the side thats for sure.

Ik not ayaing liverpool are shit, completely. Im saying they have been found out and people wont have the fear factor against them anymore. 

Leeds had 3 shots on target and they all went in, your goalkeeper is on average going to save one of the shots on target. Even Adrian made a few saves the other night

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Leeds had 3 shots on target and they all went in, your goalkeeper is on average going to save one of the shots on target. Even Adrian made a few saves the other night

off the top of my head we scored 7, hit the bar, missed a 1 on 1, barkley scuffed 2 shots wide and got put through on goal by jack but failed to get a shot off

that's 12 goal scoring opportunities created

absolute madness

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yeah and not just that, they were difficult chances. First goal was at full sprint, under pressure, weaker foot, edge of the area. Second goal was a tight angle with the keeper very close. Neither of these go in more than 1 time out of 5.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Alisson, Mané, Thiago, Henderson (and Matip) were all missing. Of course that helped even thou they have a good squad.

But we played a great game and exploited their tactics to perfection. They still looked OK offensively but dire defensively, especially Adrian and Gomez, and poor in midfield where Keita had a night to forget.

Its weird watching the goals back, Liverpool seemed to shut off after about the 3rd goal. Everton is huge for them now whether this was a one off or they've got some serious issues.

Beat Everton and everybody will forget this ever happened 

It's a big task to become the number one and even bigger task to remain it. Liverpool were probably due a tonking, but it's hard to keep the level they had going without slipping up. 

I'm not taking anything away from our performance, but I think it highlights what an incredible job SAF did all those years. The motivation, concentration and continued application they had to deliver year after year despite being the best. That doesn't come easy. Most teams get complacent after a few wins on the trot. 

I expect Liverpool will still challenge for the title and probably win it as well, one bad result against us doesn't suddenly make them a bad team, I suppose there's a danger that with our display we may have shown other teams how to beat them, but if anything our result will probably serve as a wake up call to them and they'll go on a good run of form.

And we should also appreciate the fact that we beat a very good side, no need to take anything away from the performance by trying to pretend Liverpool aren't very good, they're still the best team in the league, before playing us they beat Leeds, Chelsea and Arsenal, so wasn't as if they were coming into our game out of form.

• Like 2

Â