Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Disgraceful though. I read somebody on transfer thread about 2 weeks ago wishing Bannan died in a housefire FFS. Some people really need to get a grip these people are only doing their job and no need for personal abuse

Disgraceful though. I read somebody on transfer thread about 2 weeks ago wishing Bannan died in a housefire FFS. Some people really need to get a grip these people are only doing their job and no need for personal abuse

The personal abuse I don't agree with at all. However, its as clear as day that they are definitely not doing their job 100% of the time. For that reason I think its appropriate for players to be given as much criticism as the manager and the owner. Especially considering they are the ones who profit the most from the club.

We are judging him for not being able to single-handedly shore up our defence. He's only 1 guy, and he isn't superhuman. But for one, we're not as panicky at the back as we were when he was out (Wigan, Bradord, Chelsea) etc. He brings a bit of calmness to our defence. Hopefully PL plays Baker alongside him, because Clark at CB just isn't working too well atm. 

Edited by Keyblade

its a shame we dont have any decent defenders alongside him. Yes he seems more interested in watching the attackers rather than the ball (when he should be able to watch both) on corners, which have cost us recently, but he's a leader and its great too see he cares and looks committed, we need more players like that. Much rather have him in the side than not, just shit we never strengthened the defence when we had the chance

• Like 1

Anyone that went to Bradford at Villa Park and Millwall would have seen his face after both games ended. He cares a great deal, and knows it's not good enough, we've missed that passion from players. Also sat with the Villa fans for the Chelsea game.

I rate the guy, but at the mo he is single handedly trying to do his job and keep an eye on everyone else. Needs help next to him.

The personal abuse I don't agree with at all. However, its as clear as day that they are definitely not doing their job 100% of the time. For that reason I think its appropriate for players to be given as much criticism as the manager and the owner. Especially considering they are the ones who profit the most from the club.

No-one's said criticism isn't appropriate.

But criticism for showing passion is ridiculous, imo.

And personal insults for showing passion? Pathetic.

Comes across as a player who cares passionately for his job and his team (whatever that team is).  As close as you can get to a football fan actually playing the game.  If only we had a few more over the last couple of years who showed that passion and desire (hunger if you will) then we wouldn't be in this mess.

For me that is a trait that Lambert has identified and sought out in most (if not all) of his signings

No one can criticise Vlaar for a lack of passion. Plays with his heart on the sleeve and I think he's really keen to build up a good relationship with the fans, hence why he mentions past legends Mellberg and Laursen. I wasn't at Chelsea away but I heard he was buying our fans drinks in the away end at half time, why would he spend his weekend doing this if he didn't care for the club.

He's not good enough for top 8 clubs but more than good enough for us at our level. He needs a better partner in defence than Clark (Dunne ideally but Baker should be in ahead of Clark). He's more than passionate for our club too so it confuses me how people can abuse him for that? 

On the bench tonight for The Netherlands vs Italy.

Starting Line-Up.

Tim Krul (Newcastle United) 
Daryl Janmaat (Feyenoord) 
Stefan de Vrij (Feyenoord) 
Bruno Martins Indi (Feyenoord) 
Daley Blind (Ajax) 
Adam Maher (AZ Alkmaar) 
Jordy Clasie (Feyenoord) 
Kevin Strootman (PSV) 
Jeremain Lens (PSV)
Robin van Persie (Manchester United) 
Ola John (Benfica)

except for RVP that doesnt look a great Dutch team without the big names like Sneijder, Rooben and Van der Vaart though that team hasnt really worked either

Well, a World Cup Final (2010) isn't too bad is it  ;)

Louis van Gaal is making a shift towards the next generation. Sneijder and Robben would normally play but they haven't played a lot for their clubs. Van der Vaart's role seems to be over with the National Team.

No one can criticise Vlaar for a lack of passion. Plays with his heart on the sleeve and I think he's really keen to build up a good relationship with the fans, hence why he mentions past legends Mellberg and Laursen. I wasn't at Chelsea away but I heard he was buying our fans drinks in the away end at half time, why would he spend his weekend doing this if he didn't care for the club.

WOW, a few drinks! No idea how you can call Mellberg and Laursen legends I really don't. I cant think of 1 villa legend over the past two decades really.

If he really cares, why does he accept such a ridiculous wage?? Why not just do it for say 5k a week (taking into account its a short career)??

That will be when I really sit up and take note of a footballers character. Not for a few jars at HT or tops for a few thousand fans. (very much doubt he paid the going rate). Nice gesture all the less, but hardly groundbreaking. 

Ron Vlaar back is good news. He is a leader, he looks like a leader and we certainly need to win some headers at the back. When we lose and lose big, the young players will turn around in circles until they find someone they can rely on back there. Without such players they all just stand there bewildered, doing the same and losing again. When we lost those games heavily we could see the desperation in our players, they just didn't know what to do or who to listen to. The manager certainly didn't do anything to correct it, he isn't on the pitch after all. I remember when I played football at a relatively decent level before hanging my boots up due to injuries, and when I was young I was one of the better players at assisting and scoring goals, but certainly not the most important one. When I was 20 I could score a hat-trick in one game have a blast, but when the tougher games came along there was always this 28-30 year old guy who made the players stick together and told us what to do when we shipped in a few at the back. Yeah I know, lame example, but it kind of transfers to the Premier League-scene as well. Especially now when every player knows that we have to win certain games to even have a remote chance of staying up, and the fuse is burning faster for every game passing, the last thing we need are erratic displays and nervous players doing mistakes they normally wouldn't have done.

Â