Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Im not necessarily saying Laursen was a bad player. Not at all. 

What I am saying is that the amount we overate our players is absolutely ridiculous. I think if we are more honest as a fan base, situations like the current one (whilst still nt pleasant nor acceptable) are a little bit easier to accept. Im not so sure what that would solve (if anything) but it might take some of the pressure/hostility and negative attitude out of the crowd that doesnt really do anything to help.

The amount of times I have read people posting that we are the laughing stock of English football and its all caused by Randy Lerner/Paul Lambert and complain about jibes from fellow football fans/friends/colleagues etc? - Well, don't set yourself up for them jibes. Don't claim to defence will be sorted when Vlaar comes back (when it clearly won't), don't claim Westwod is class (when he clearly isnt). If just those two overused statements were true (regardless of the other ridiculous statements regarding our players), We would not be in this mess!!

Vlaar sorting the defence out and Westwood being class would be enough to stay clear of where we are. 

Edited by Woodytom

To be fair to Vlaar, he's a decent centre half. If he didn't have Clown A and Clown B to his left in the defence we wouldn't ship anything like as many goals.

Hes obviously our best defender in an absolutely appalling defence. He is by no means solely to blame for that. However, for an international cb, he hasnt shown anywhere near enough individually. At the minute - a waste of money. Collins and Cuellar would both have been as useless albeit on higher wages (but no transfer fee).

To be fair to Vlaar, he's a decent centre half. If he didn't have Clown A and Clown B to his left in the defence we wouldn't ship anything like as many goals.

Hes obviously our best defender in an absolutely appalling defence. He is by no means solely to blame for that. However, for an international cb, he hasnt shown anywhere near enough individually. At the minute - a waste of money. Collins and Cuellar would both have been as useless albeit on higher wages (but no transfer fee).

Agree we need more from him, and expect more but that's down to his reputation of being a Dutch International. In terms of what we actually spent, 3 mill and relatively low wages in PL terms, he's not really bad value for money.

I don't think we'd do any better with one of either the physically-weak Cuellar or hoof-ball Collins in his place. One of these two alongside Vlaar, completely different story.

Edited by AvfcTheObsession

Agree we need more from him, and expect more but that's down to his reputation of being a Dutch International. In terms of what we actually spent, 3 mill and relatively low wages in PL terms, he's not really bad value for money.

I don't think we'd do any better with one of either the physically-weak Cuellar or hoof-ball Collins in his place. One of these two alongside Vlaar, completely different story.

The transfer fee and the wages are by no means the catastrophe we are used to and agree with the point regarding CC and JC. However, I dont think the fee/wages are an excuse to be poor (not that your simply saying that). 

as concrete as talcum powder this lad !!

:) he's awful, was crap in the euros and has been even worse for us

Now lets be fair, he gained legendary status after standing over the 3' 6" Nathan Dyer........ Proper Concrete this bloke........................

Where has he been all season when he's been getting bullied every game...............

I want his nickname changed to "Pisswater Ron"

Total **** rocket polisher he is - just a badge kissing chest beater !!

Now lets be fair, he gained legendary status after standing over the 3' 6" Nathan Dyer........ Proper Concrete this bloke........................

Where has he been all season when he's been getting bullied every game...............

Yeah!

Showing a bit of passion for the club.

What a **** rocket polisher!

Nothing like the support of your own fans

I don't see how that is in your defence?

You've basically called him a w*nker for shwoing some passion towards the club?

It's not like he's not trying. If you think he's not very good, then fair enough. I don't see how that makes him a w*nker though. Would you rather he wasn't that good and showed no passion whatsoever?

It's not like he's not trying. If you think he's not very good, then fair enough. I don't see how that makes him a w*nker though. Would you rather he wasn't that good and showed no passion whatsoever?

Id rather he didn't go around giving it the Barry McGuigan against midgets then going up his own arsehole when someone gives him some back.......... that in any other walk of life would make him a w*nker in my eyes......

Id rather he didn't go around giving it the Barry McGuigan against midgets then going up his own arsehole when someone gives him some back.......... that in any other walk of life would make him a w*nker in my eyes......

There's plenty to moan about right now but this is just pathetic ....

Â