Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

I don't, but the way he was talking didn't sound like someone who was going to stay tbh.

Really?

"I understand Aston Villa absolutely don't want to let me go...

I haven't even thought about a possible transfer...

I will meet my agent and discuss the various options."  --  Vlaar

That doesn't sound like someone who's desperate to leave to me. He's obviously not set against a transfer and his position is open to change but compare that to Lovren:

"Liverpool sent a 20 million offer and they [southampton] paid nine million for me, so they would've earned twice the amount.

At this point, I don't know what I'll do and I don't like it.

Frankly, my head is already at Liverpool.

Liverpool sent the offer and the club haven't informed me,

I found out about the bid from other people which disappointed me

I realised I've got no business staying at Southampton."

If Vlaar started saying shit like that THEN I'd be worried.

If Vlaar did that then we could start thinking about selling but if after his discussions he's happy to stay we would be absolutely **** mental to sell him for 7 figures.

But in this situation him not signing a new deal is almost like a transfer-request. Sorry for repeating myself but if he doesn't then we aren't in a position to play hardball over the fee without risking losing him for nothing. I'm not sure why his contract situation keeps being ignored in these discussions to be honest, it is literally the most important factor regarding this whole saga.

But in this situation him not signing a new deal is almost like a transfer-request.

I disagree with this. It's possible for him to not sign a new deal and still play for us this season without any damage to his relationship with the club IMO.

if he doesn't then we aren't in a position to play hardball over the fee without risking losing him for nothing.

I think this may be the route of our disagreement. Personally, I would prefer him to play this season, even if it risked losing him for nothing next Summer if he decided not to sign a new contract for the whole of the season.

With our current ownership debacle I'd be much more confident of him being replaced under a new regime next summer (or given an acceptable contract during the season) than I would be of him being replaced in the next month.

Also, if he stays now hopefully by next season Okore will have become an established PL player and we won't be so unbearably shit without Vlaar.

Edited by ArteSuave
  • Like 3

Its what he didn't say....."Happy at VP", "Ambitious club", "Going forward", etc.........instead its," i will sit down with my agent".This implies to me he is off.Hopefully i'm wrong, as i think he is a good steady CH.

tend to agree

now we need to

1. get the best price

2. not sell him on deadline day with no time to replace him

• Like 1

Reading between the lines Vlaar is off, if we can get £5m+ then we have done well tbh.

I like Okores, so the most important thing is to get someone to complement him.Lescott would have been ideal.

Whats the Celtic CH, Ambrose like, if not maybe the Coloumbian CH who plays for Inter.

£5m?! You're having a right laugh!

Its what he didn't say....."Happy at VP", "Ambitious club", "Going forward", etc.........instead its," i will sit down with my agent".This implies to me he is off.Hopefully i'm wrong, as i think he is a good steady CH.

Personally I think it's 50:50 as he also acknowledged that we do not want him to go. He also he had not thought about a transfer.

He may sit with his agent and not have any other option than either signing a new contract or letting it run down and looking at moving as a free agent next year. As far as we know no offer has been made by another club and been accepted by us?

I disagree with this. It's possible for him to not sign a new deal and still play for us this season without any damage to his relationship with the club IMO.

This is true, I meant more in that it would force the club into a sale in the same way as a transfer-request.

This leads into the second bit of your post. We don't actually disagree in terms of what we'd like to see happen. I too would rather keep Vlaar even if he leaves for nothing given his importance and that I am not confident that he would be adequately replaced. The difference between us is that I don't expect the club, namely Lerner, to see it like this. I don't believe that he'll pass up on millions when he is intent on recouping as much as possible from this club.

He has said nothing I wouldn't expect from a good pro who is about to earn the highest salary in his career either way. Who could really blame him if a more ambitious club came in and offered a huge salary? Then again he might sign a new deal with us. Either way we won't let him go unless it is for the good of the club or he recommits to Villa in a new contract to set up his whole life with.

• Like 2

Whats the Celtic CH, Ambrose like, if not maybe the Coloumbian CH who plays for Inter.

Ivan Cordoba? He retired years ago lol. Unless you mean Cristian Zapata who plays for Milan (no chance) or Mario Yepes who plays for Atalanta and is 38.

As far as I'm concerned, if Vlaar doesn't want to sign a new deal, then we keep him for this season and lose him for nothing next year. He could be the difference between relegation and survival for us.

Reading between the lines Vlaar is off, if we can get £5m+ then we have done well tbh.

I like Okores, so the most important thing is to get someone to complement him.Lescott would have been ideal.

Considering he can walk at the end of the season I wouldn't expect much more than that tbh, unless there are a few teams we can play off each other. Even then who is going to be organising this our end?

Considering he can walk at the end of the season I wouldn't expect much more than that tbh, unless there are a few teams we can play off each other. Even then who is going to be organising this our end?

He can walk at the end of the season then i thought 8 mill was a joke but 5 mill bah

Edited by AshVilla

It's almost as if there's a rule where you have to sell a player with one year left on his contract. I very much doubt Ron will go on strike if we just tell him we need one more year from him until we get sold. Then either he will be offered a bumper contract by us or he can earn a small fortune on the Bosman market.

• Like 2

Â