Stephen Ireland

omariqy

I can see him ending up club less and drifting out of the game.

Nobody will pay his huge wage and he won't have the drive to play lower league football

Biggest waste of potential of any player I can remember us having and it's 99% his own fault. Remember the season he had with Robinho and look at him now, what the **** happened? I remember Bellamy raving about him when he joined city, saying he's the most skilful player he's ever trained with so hopefully he has a word and takes him to Cardiff.

The fact he had a self imposed exile from international by the time he was about 22 sums up what a terrible decision maker he is.

Maybe he will end up at one of the promoted clubs.  They might be willing to take a chance on someone like him.

that would suit him i reckon, being the star of a team and feeling wanted is what he needs. missed that boat here a long time ago.

Maybe he will end up at one of the promoted clubs.  They might be willing to take a chance on someone like him.

that would suit him i reckon, being the star of a team and feeling wanted is what he needs. missed that boat here a long time ago.

That side of it I think he'd enjoy but would he take on the hard work, new kid in the playground battle mentality?

If he'd just applied himself and not been a complete prick he could easily have had that here.

QPR will be the only club willing to pay his wage and with them getting relegated I think that ship has sailed for him. I agree, he'll go to the MLS 

I'd actually quite like to see him in the MLS. As poor as he's sometimes been for Villa, and inconsistent, I think there's only a few teams here that he couldn't improve (American Soccer has gotten better in the past few years but I'd be kidding myself if I suggested the quality's anywhere near as good as the Prem). MLS is a place where owners can get away with ludicrous statements like "Tal Ben Haim has been one of the top defenders in the Premier League for nearly a decade."

In fact, my local team the Seattle Sounders could probably do with someone like Ireland right now. Their midfield is woeful, and in particular there's no link to their attack. He could do a job there. Maybe a fresh start in a new place would allow him to regain some of his spark and get his form back.

To think when he joined there were some suggesting we had got the better of the deal!

To be honest mate, hopeful that O'Neil would get the best out of him and would be given the rest of the fee to strengthen, I was one of those people you mention.

Shows what I know.

In fact, my local team the Seattle Sounders could probably do with someone like Ireland right now. 

The Sounders are my favourite team mainly because every time I've watched them the fans have been immense. Polar opposite to the funeral home vibe at most MLS games. Technically, given that I live here, I should support Toronto... but, you know

I'd actually quite like to see him in the MLS. As poor as he's sometimes been for Villa, and inconsistent, I think there's only a few teams here that he couldn't improve (American Soccer has gotten better in the past few years but I'd be kidding myself if I suggested the quality's anywhere near as good as the Prem). MLS is a place where owners can get away with ludicrous statements like "Tal Ben Haim has been one of the top defenders in the Premier League for nearly a decade."

In fact, my local team the Seattle Sounders could probably do with someone like Ireland right now. Their midfield is woeful, and in particular there's no link to their attack. He could do a job there. Maybe a fresh start in a new place would allow him to regain some of his spark and get his form back.

Ireland would tear up MLS. Would love to see him over here. Yeah he would lift the Sounders no doubt. Great ground and fans by the way, I had a blast when I visited last year for the Villa tour.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but I still don't understand what happened here...what did he do wrong?

People are telling me he has been made to train with the kids...but why? Did he bad mouth the club again or something?

When he was used earlier in the season, he was ok, no worse than some of the other 'performances' of others...if anything, he looked to be the one who might create something.

If its because he's not very good, then why is Bannan anywhere near the team, he should be training with the kids as well. His attitude stinks as well if people at his local are to be believed...

I know we didn't get the player we hoped, but I don't understand why Lambert has cast him off completely...

Â