Stephen Ireland

omariqy

never did i think that this club would be willing to, or be stupid enough, to pay over £50 per week to any footballer who isnt world class

I think you might be a bit naive to how much wages are these days ;)

• Like 1

Real top quality players nowadays are looking for £200k a week. Very good players £100k a week and your dog average can cut it in the Prem player wants £40k a week. It's terrifying. The only good thing about Ireland's deal is that by the time it comes to an end, wages in the Prem will have increased to the point where it's not that good - Southampton are able to pay their best players £70k a week, and that's before the new TV deal. Madhouse.

teams like southampton and qpr will struggle if they went down, its a hell of alot of money with no reward, and to look at a different angle of it, us supporters are getting stung for it, tickets are rediculously over priced, they shouldnt be more than a tenner tbh, maybe im being old fashioned, but i dont work around the clock busting a gut for a sh it wage to pay some egotystical self absorbed brain dead fashion crazed 'footballer' this is why ive stopped going to games, with players like ireland in the team its just not worth it

4.16 million a year Ireland gets. I agree we are being totally ripped off. The average price of a Bundesliga ticket is just over £10.00 and they will almost certainly have 2 teams In the Champions league final this season Robben gets little more money than Ireland does.

• Like 1

Shame he's vanished - I think Monday night's game would suit him - though you never know what you're getting with Ireland.

Yes that's the trouble, he would be too bigger risk. You couldn't trust him

fact is i would rather have 25-30 players at the club who the manager wants, on fair wages. Having 20 or so and then a bunch of overpaid players who aren't featuring is pointless, even if they do have talent/ability/potential. Ireland fits into that category along with the likes of bent, makoun, hutton, etc so may as well leave and try to kick-start his career again

Where is he? Just sitting at home? I never even see him on the bench. I remember his match against United early in the season and he was superb and haven't seen much of him since. It's a shame he can't get a good string of appearances going because he clearly has the talent.

Where is he? Just sitting at home? I never even see him on the bench. I remember his match against United early in the season and he was superb and haven't seen much of him since. It's a shame he can't get a good string of appearances going because he clearly has the talent.

He had a decent run but was shit nearly every match. 

• 2 weeks later...

The only player not to turn up last night at the awards dinner. Paul Falukner said he thinks he was ill

What ! Not there to defend his trophy ?

• Like 1

Â