Speculation: Andy Carroll

wiggyrichard

? Plus you've dragged in 2 individuals who had chronic illness with alcohol. Hardly a fair benchmark

Well yeah, that's the context in which I said it... Carroll has a bit of a reputation for being a boozer, and quite frankly I couldn't give a shit about that as long as he performs, hence me saying it.

Which you 1000% disagreed with.

Carroll has (allegedly) glassed a bloke, broken a teammate's jaw and assaulted his ex-girlfriend.

Allegedly being the key word there... :thumb:

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? Alcoholism is not an illness. Cancer is an illness...

You failed right at the start. I think you'll find that governments and the medical professions around the globe totally disagree with you

? Plus you've dragged in 2 individuals who had chronic illness with alcohol. Hardly a fair benchmark

Well yeah, that's the context in which I said it... Carroll has a bit of a reputation for being a boozer, and quite frankly I couldn't give a shit about that as long as he performs, hence me saying it.

Carroll has (allegedly) glassed a bloke, broken a teammate's jaw and assaulted his ex-girlfriend.

Have a look at wiki, he pleaded guilty to the first incident and there's evidence for the others. Sounds like a proper toe rag.

Have a look at wiki, he pleaded guilty to the first incident and there's evidence for the others. Sounds like a proper toe rag.

I really had no idea he did any of that!

He comes from a family of Gypsies so how anyone can expect an angel is beyond me!

For me 15m would be a great buy and for those saying we need to sort the defence first, I disagree, we need to sort defence, midfield and forwards at the same time! As soon as Bent got injured last season we struggled to score goals, you simple can't rely on one forward!

Now can someone pull out that old photo of him and downing holding that Liverpool scarf and change it to a Villa one and post it on the scouse scum websites so we can all have a laugh..

Please no. I don't understand why everyone is clamouring for this. Unless he's going to cost 5m and be on low wages it's just not worth it. If we really are going to spend 15m on him it's a massive shame because that money could be much better spent elsewhere. If McLeish was still here most people would be against it. Now I've been really impressed with Lambert so far but that doesn't make me any less apprehensive about Carroll at Villa.

15 million for a player that cost 35 million not so long ago.

No doubt he's capable of being a great striker but I just don't see it working. I think Bent could be banging them in this year with the right service, why do we need to drop another 15million+ for another striker? Isn't this what we were moving away from!?

I call BS on this link.