Speculation: Andy Carroll

wiggyrichard

Sturridge, as in Daniel Sturridge of Chelsea? Yes that makes a lot of sense!

He is 22 years old and played 28 league games last season, scoring 11 goals becoming their topscorer.

So yes, that is a very rational indeed, he would leave the CL winner and London for AVFC is an instant!

Don't see why not on a loan deal? Id say Torres, Mata, Hazard and possibly Marin are all ahead of him and Chelsea haven't stopped spending with the possibility of Hulk joining. Id believe he would give it a good think if we came in for him.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first thought was that Carroll and Bent would work very well together, and they probably would. But I wonder if they're both too bad football players to play together in a team like Villa. I'd that if we'll play two up front at least one of them need to be good with his feet and more able to control the ball than these two are. More of a Mancini kind of striker for those old enough to remember Mancini as a player. Berbatov would be good, but probably won't join us unless we pay him ridiculous wages, which I don't think we should.

Not against Carroll, just that I think we could get another kind of striker that would suit our squad better.

Why on earth is this topic still going?

We're note going to get Carroll and even if we were interested in him, we have no way of affording his wages never mind the transfer fee. Liverpool won't pay part of his wages and even the reduced transfer fee being mooted by some papers seems rather prohibitive (£20m). The bin dippers want him gone on a permanent deal by all accounts and it seems he's on 80k a week.

Bob Hope and no hope (and Bob's left town)!

He is 22 years old and played 28 league games last season, scoring 11 goals becoming their topscorer.

So yes, that is a very rational indeed, he would leave the CL winner and London for AVFC is an instant!

Don't see why not on a loan deal? Id say Torres, Mata, Hazard and possibly Marin are all ahead of him and Chelsea haven't stopped spending with the possibility of Hulk joining. Id believe he would give it a good think if we came in for him.

Mata, Hazard and Marin are all midfielders. And who is to say Marin is any good? Nothing to say he is better than Sturridge, and the latter is established in the league as well as being English. Torres is up and down at the moment, and they cannot rely entirely on him at all. Hulk? Not signed yet and that deal is going to hurt as hell for every party involved.

I would say a loan deal is one year away, if all your premonitions are correct.

Mata, Hazard and Marin are all midfielders. And who is to say Marin is any good? Nothing to say he is better than Sturridge, and the latter is established in the league as well as being English. Torres is up and down at the moment, and they cannot rely entirely on him at all. Hulk? Not signed yet and that deal is going to hurt as hell for every party involved.

I would say a loan deal is one year away, if all your premonitions are correct.

Mata, Hazard and Marin will play as wingers in Chelsea's 4-3-3 which is where Sturridge can play and has played.

Chelsea are linked with Cavani and I wouldn't be surprised if RDM alternates between Torres and a new striker next season.

Sturridge could leave but I'd be more than happy with Carroll (if we can get him) as he offers us something different going forward.

You've also got to remember that when AVB left Sturridge didn't get that many games. It seemed that RDM didn't fancy him. If they acquire a few more players who play in the same position as Sturridge I can see them be willing to sell him.

Would he come to us though? Doubt it, depends on his personality. If he's motivated by football then there's a chance, as if he performs well with us he's going to stand a good chance of being in the England squad. Though, if it's money he's after then i'm sure other teams such as QPR would chuck money at him.

Ibra or Carroll, hmmm thats a tough one -_-

Yep, probably double Carroll's wages and no resale value versus a 23 year old that probably would come and is learning the game all the time and will still have a massive resale fee. Yeah, tough one indeed...

:winkold:

Yeah i'd still pic Ibra every time...No contest for me. IMO.

Stewart Downing has emerged as a potentially key figure in Aston Villa’s hopes of doing business with Liverpool for England striker Andy Carroll.

The £35m forward is up for grabs following the change of management at Anfield which has seen Brendan Rodgers take over.

Newcastle, Carroll’s former club, were first to broach the prospect of a deal by suggesting a loan for a season to be followed by a permanent transfer.

But Liverpool want a firmer commitment to recouping at least £20m of their massive outlay – and Villa are ready to provide it.

The Reds still owe a significant portion of the £20m they agreed to pay for Downing a year ago and this is now seen as a significant bargaining chip for Villa who have opened talks with their Premier League rivals to sound out the prospect of a deal.

Villa boss Paul Lambert would love to see his new club bidding for a player of Carroll’s credentials as he continues a rebuild.

The Express & Star

not sure what to think about Andy Carrol.. Maybe he could be a good foil for Bent and maybe they could be quite a lethal front line, not sure. Bit concerned about his attitude and head state but then I think we do have the sort of manager to get inside players heads as PL seems to be very good at. Would be a bit concerned at his wages but then maybe the fact he is just started getting into the England squad and also wanting to prove his doubters at Liverplop wrong, maybe he might work here. I wouldn't want to see him on any more than our top earner (Bent I presume), maybe less with a bonus scheme in place, more he scores/assists, more he gets per week? Undecided