Speculation: Andy Carroll

wiggyrichard

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone saying a player like Carroll is 'out of our reach' is obviously on crack.

We've already got plenty of players better than him, Bent is 5 times the striker he is (or ever was) and even Gabby is on par if not better (and we know how crap he's been in front of goal of late)

People don't half like to talk about our club as if we're the Baggies or something similar.

The big point is, Andy Carroll is just not worth 15m, never mind the crazy 35m the daft scousers paid. In a realistic world based on his performances to date i'd say he's a 8-10m at an absolute push. And just because someone thinks his rumoured 60k a week wages are within our budget, ask yourselves what has he done to deserve such a wage packet ?

Absolutely **** all thats what.

40k a week, 8m = MAYBE

But even then i'd have huge reservations about the deal

He's got some potential, but he had that last season to and it didn't blossom into anything other than him looking like a carthorse. And it wasn't down to lack of chances. He missed a **** hatfull of em

Anyone saying a player like Carroll is 'out of our reach' is obviously on crack.

We've already got plenty of players better than him, Bent is 5 times the striker he is (or ever was) and even Gabby is on par if not better (and we know how crap he's been in front of goal of late)

People don't half like to talk about our club as if we're the Baggies or something similar.

The big point is, Andy Carroll is just not worth 15m, never mind the crazy 35m the daft scousers paid. In a realistic world based on his performances to date i'd say he's a 8-10m at an absolute push. And just because someone thinks his rumoured 60k a week wages are within our budget, ask yourselves what has he done to deserve such a wage packet ?

Absolutely **** all thats what.

40k a week, 8m = MAYBE

But even then i'd have huge reservations about the deal

He's got some potential, but he had that last season to and it didn't blossom into anything other than him looking like a carthorse. And it wasn't down to lack of chances. He missed a **** hatfull of em

How can you talk about people being on drugs for thinking one thing and then come out with, stuff like Bent is FIVE times the player Carroll is? Based on what? how do you qualify that? oh you cant can you. It's just YOUR opinion, the same as those that think "he's out of reach" I think he's gettable and a good player that would improve us. Thats just MY opinion.

Love the way people pass of opinions as fact......must be on drugs! :D

Edited for a typo, must be the drugs haha!

I knew I'd read it.

Lambert has also sought to distance himself from reports claiming that Villa would be willing to discuss a loan deal for Liverpool striker Andy Carroll.

He added: "There's nothing on Andy Carroll, no."

Here

Doesn't mean we aren't interested though. Could just mean we haven't placed a bid yet. (I don't think we will bid for him FWIW)

We'd just discussed that quote on the previous page. It is not a confirmation that he's not interested in Carroll whereas the quotes a day or two prior pretty much are.

"There's nothing on Carroll" = nothing new to tell. No new info etc.

We'd just discussed that quote on the previous page. It is not a confirmation that he's not interested in Carroll whereas the quotes a day or two prior pretty much are.

"There's nothing on Carroll" = nothing new to tell. No new info etc.

Even if there was something more on him, I doubt he'd have said anything anyway.

Well Carroll is branded as a flop because of Liverpool, and he was, but that does not necessarily make him a flop elsewhere. Many players over the last few years have gone there and failed miserably, simply because Liverpool are a big club but they are not a good team. They expect the league title every season but everyone else know they are not even close. Robbie Keane rings a bell, and last year most people on here wanted him to stay on. That was a few years after his prime as well, he was a much better player at Liverpool even though he didn't get it done.

However, look at Darren Bent as someone said was 5x the player. He flopped at Tottenham and was shipped out to Sunderland. Did that make him a bad player? And then you mention Gabby Agbonlahor, a player so far off his form that it hurts. His market value would be roughly 6M and he was never in the England EC-contention. Carroll was included and he also scored a very good goal.

I am not saying Carroll is the best player around, but branding him as useless after a bad season at Liverpool is not very wise. He could easily come back and find his form again, and most likely he will in my opinion. I am pretty sure he has no interest in joining Villa though, currently Liverpool have Suarez and Borini as strikers and who is to say the latter is an instant success. IMO again, he completes the attack with the others as it gives them an extra option. They are not remotely close to being able to outpass everyone like United and City, so they have to rely on long balls even though they might not realize it themselves :)

Don't think Carroll will come to B6, his heart seems to be Tyneside and we need to see how our current forwards measure up pre-season under PL. If we have £20m in the kitty, there are other priorities in my opinion.

He flopped at Tottenham

I'd refute this, wasn't he Spurs top goalscorer for a seasons despite coming off the bench and not been as good as Sandra Redknapp. Before moving to Sunderland?

Not that its absolutely neccessary to get anything out of Carroll but Rodgers will never ever play long ball football.

But regardless, Rodgers has basically said he doesnt want Carroll. He couldn't be more dismissive short of being rude.

Newcastle want him back, true, but then they forced him out to begin with. I dont think its guaranteed that he'll want to back there but I'd say it would make the most sense. However, Newcastle arent loaded and I doubt they have the sort of money Liverpool want. Not that we have but there is the small matter of the money they owe us.

We could take him from Liverpool and wipe the Downing debt off with the rest in incentives to be paid next season and so on, thus not really affecting Lambert's transfer budget this season.

We were after Luuk de Jong so there is obviously money allocated for a striker.

We were after Luuk de Jong so there is obviously money allocated for a striker.

Were we? How do you know?

I had heard a few whispers but in any case, Mat Kendrick confirmed it.

We're definitely looking for a striker.

How can you talk about people being on drugs for thinking one thing and then come out with, stuff like Bent is FIVE times the player Carroll is? Based on what? how do you qualify that? oh you cant can you.

I would imagine their respective first team stats back it up quite easily actually (without even looking)

Can someone please explain why everyone is so excited about Carroll? I just don't get it. Yeah he's not a bad striker, but with the kind of money Liverpool are asking for and the kind of money he'd want in wages it's just not worth it.