Speculation: Andy Carroll

wiggyrichard

Was with a NUFC ST holder last night, they think he's nailed on to go back there and Ba is on way out

unless I see it on twitter I won't believe it ........

Feck twitter I won't believe it unless Davenport Whelan says so

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was with a NUFC ST holder last night, they think he's nailed on to go back there and Ba is on way out

unless I see it on twitter I won't believe it ........

Feck twitter I won't believe it unless Davenport Whelan says so

According to whelan Carroll is too big to join villa and has in fact joined Wigan so that he is guaranteed his England place and also his take his place in the b'allon d'or top ten

Carroll has loads of talent, is only 23, would be a big target upfront, and if we can get him in here we should. We need another striker. LFC apparently still owe us some money from the Downing deal, so I could see a deal being struck here...of course there's the small matter of wages...

I'd probably rather pursue Jordan Rhodes

Thought he just went to Southampton?

I'd love Carroll here. I really rate him. He's been played completely wrong at Liverpool. I don't care what he does off the field, in fact, I really couldn't give two shits what any Villa player does off the field as long as they don't rape/murder someone. (or something to that extreme). If they perform well then they can do whatever they like.

If PL thinks he is worth it, I am ok with it. It just seems that at this stage the price and wages for him are not commensurate with how much we would actually use him.

Bent cost up to 24M, and is/will be the first name on the team sheet. AC, even with squad rotation, will not play every match, or at least start. As we rebuild I think the money is better spent elsewhere or a cheaper alternative found to play a certain style at times.

WHEN we move up the table and begin challenging the top 6ish, playing in Europe, and increasing our revenue, then we can afford to splash the cash required to get someone of AC's caliber/potential to contribute as a part of a squad rotation. For 15M+ and high wages, right now he would have to be built around, rather than just a contributor.

I think he has the potential to be a very good player, whether he seizes that opportunity remains to be seen, but that is a gamble that may prove to be too costly for us right now.

Macca never really disgraced the club, neither did Merson as far as I'm aware ? Plus you've dragged in 2 individuals who had chronic illness with alcohol. Hardly a fair benchmark

Macca never really disgraced the club, neither did Merson as far as I'm aware

So what you're actually saying is that players can do whatever the hell they like as long as they don't "disgrace the club"?

? Plus you've dragged in 2 individuals who had chronic illness with alcohol. Hardly a fair benchmark

Well yeah, that's the context in which I said it... Carroll has a bit of a reputation for being a boozer, and quite frankly I couldn't give a shit about that as long as he performs, hence me saying it.

Which you 1000% disagreed with.

Plus you've dragged in 2 individuals who had chronic illness with alcohol. Hardly a fair benchmark

What? Alcoholism is not an illness. Cancer is an illness, drinking heavily is something you choose to do. It reminds me of one of those obese Americans on TV trying to say that airlines don't respect their illness when they have to pay for two seats. Stop eating hamburgers for breakfast bitch! As for McGrath, or any other profilic player choosing to drink heavily during their career, is by fact disgracing their club. When you have that ridiculous chance to make a living out of playing football, like every kid in the world wants to, there are few excuses for hitting a six-pack and a few Vodkas before bedtime.

? Plus you've dragged in 2 individuals who had chronic illness with alcohol. Hardly a fair benchmark

Well yeah, that's the context in which I said it... Carroll has a bit of a reputation for being a boozer, and quite frankly I couldn't give a shit about that as long as he performs, hence me saying it.

Which you 1000% disagreed with.

Carroll has (allegedly) glassed a bloke, broken a teammate's jaw and assaulted his ex-girlfriend.