Speculation: Andy Carroll

wiggyrichard

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can read into his comments whatever you want to be fair, I'm sure those who don't want him read it and breath a sigh of relief whilst the opposite camp are getting ready to count the chairs at the next press conference.

Still a lot of speculation flying around and with Liverpool seeming determined to get rid, I struggle to see many clubs that he could go to in a permanent deal, we are one of very few.

I'm sure I've heard that Carroll is on circa £60k p/w. Thats within our capabilities and Carroll is definitely within our reach.

It seems likely he'll end up back at Newcastle to me but in no way is he out of our reach and Lambert has not confirmed he is not after him. Indeed, he was quoted as saying "it would be great if we could get him" which seems explicit to me. I'm certain we're interested in some capacity.

"There's nothing on Carroll" I would suggest is in direct respnse to Kendrick asking him if there was any news about him. Nothing to report. It didn't seem like a dnial of interest to me. Especially when you consider what he said a few days ago.

Mazrim, you really think he'll join Villa for 60k a week, I don't, bottom line is he doesn't want to leave, he's being forced out, so he will need a mega offer which we'd have to ship out Ireland or someone to bring him in. I think we do not have the players to bring the best out of him, if we had Young and Downing he would have been ideal.

That's probably less than, or at least the same as, we're paying gabby. I'd back Carroll to be as effective (obviously in a different way) as gabby over the course of a season. whether that means gabby would be sold is up in the air imo.

Think the talk of needing to balance the books still applies to wages, but hopefull if some of our higher paid defenders are sold and the likes of Lowton used as replacements that should help.

Also no disrespect meant but does anybody know where the club stands on Petrov's wages are we still paying him? would the club have some kind of insurance?

Can't see us offering him £80k a week, who would? The clubs that could afford to pay him that kind of money like Man City or Chelsea aren't interested. Liverpool have already ruled out a loan so he has two choices, he either sits in the reserves at Pool and risks loosing his England place or moves to a club offering first team football but on less money.

He probably doesnt want to leave, then again, he knows he's not in Rodger's plans so he might well do.

We dont know whats on his mind.

All we know is that Lambert likes him, Rodgers doesnt, Liverpool owe us money, they want to sell and we probably can afford his wages.

And I believe we do have players that can compliment Carroll and who is to say we wouldn't buy some more?

I'm not saying we're definitely after him but I don't see any reason why anybody should rule it out.

Didn't I see a quote from Lambert the other day saying we weren't interested?

Don't think so

in fact the only quote I've seen was him refusing to rule it out, as they say.

Something along the lines of "if we could get him I'd be happy"