Speculation: Andy Carroll

wiggyrichard

Yeah I actually think Sturridge would be more effective for us, he could really help Bent score loads of goals providing he stops being so greedy!

Though, would he come here? Not sure.

I'd still quite like Carroll... can't see it happening though.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, all Lambert said was "There's nothing on Carroll", which to me sounds like he's saying there's no news. I dont know whether we're chasing him or not but when he said "it would be great if we could get him" I took that as genuine interest.

So, wait and see I suppose. Could be something or nothing in it.

A striker will be joining us before the window closes though. I'm sure of that.

Kendrick says no enquiry made.

No offence, but how in God's name would he know anyway??

Kendrick is a fog horn, he is told by the club what the club are willing to be leaked to the fans and to the general public.

Anything of a sensitive nature would be kept a million miles away from someone like Kendrick.

zlatan going for 23million euros. its similar price ot what Carroll is being quoted for

Ibra is also eight years older and hardly going to play for more than three more years. Also, Carroll is english :)

tough one with carroll. I don't think he is the donkey that was made out last year (whenever I saw him play during his goal drought he was actually very unlucky, hit the post/bar etc)

I think he would be an excellent player for us. The cost, however, makes me think it isn't justified. He just doesnt seem to be worth that, when you see what some other players have gone for.

I guess its a gamble either way.

Zlatan's price will reflect his mega wages. Sturridge is too much in the mould of Bent, although wouldn't say no. Carroll, despite his questionable temperament/attitude would be a good signing if its not for silly money, it would certainly send out the right signals and put bums on seats. There seems to be legs on the rumour however - who knows....

Ibra or Carroll, hmmm thats a tough one -_-

Yep, probably double Carroll's wages and no resale value versus a 23 year old that probably would come and is learning the game all the time and will still have a massive resale fee. Yeah, tough one indeed...

:winkold:

Sturridge, as in Daniel Sturridge of Chelsea? Yes that makes a lot of sense!

He is 22 years old and played 28 league games last season, scoring 11 goals becoming their topscorer.

So yes, that is a very rational indeed, he would leave the CL winner and London for AVFC is an instant!