Speculation: Andy Carroll

wiggyrichard

If he does come to Villa Park he could be our best chance off scoring from a corner, i very much doubt he will but stranger things have happened. Not sure if he could play alongside Bent, like someone else said "their to much of a likeness" Maybe Lambert is planing to use Carrol the same way as he used Holt, if Benty is not performing he has the option or vice-a-versa.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'd never come to us. End of.

How can you be so sure?

Id be happy to be proven wrong as I think we've lacked anyone to bully opponents up front since Carew left - although im not sure how it would work with bent. But my doubt lies with the fact that I feel Carroll would feel it is a massive step down from a £35m price tag, from challenging for europe etc.

I could see him back at Newcastle as he's a local lad but I don't think we'd appeal to him too much as I fell we need to shake off our 'unattractive' tag that has hung over us since Houiller and AM took charge.

He'd never come to us. End of.

How can you be so sure?

Id be happy to be proven wrong as I think we've lacked anyone to bully opponents up front since Carew left - although im not sure how it would work with bent. But my doubt lies with the fact that I feel Carroll would feel it is a massive step down from a £35m price tag, from challenging for europe etc.

I could see him back at Newcastle as he's a local lad but I don't think we'd appeal to him too much as I fell we need to shake off our 'unattractive' tag that has hung over us since Houiller and AM took charge.

I am sure Downing would put in a good word for us.

lulz :)

He'd be great here and with the Downing money outstanding there is every chance that financially it could happen. My worry would be what type of guy he is, would he spend the next few years ramming Liverpool's words back down their throats or would he sulk and mope around because he hasn't got what he wanted?

Where is the Downing money! Do Liverpool still owe Newcastle a wedge for Carroll? Maybe that will smooth his return to the Sportsdirect Arena. Don't want to see the scrote in a Villa shirt.

Should I be worried this has gone into page 12? Really don't think the guy is worth it.

Although wouldn't mind that type of player but not for £20m and huge wages theres much better value for money out there.

For those that can't see how Carroll would link up with Bent then I'd counter by saying that IF Lambert has identified Carroll as a target, then a man more knowledgable about football has, in his mind, devised a way for Carroll and Bent to play.

Big IF though....

Surely going back to newcastle would have a negative effect on his career. They allowed him to leave and now going back would almost confirm he's failed at liverpool. Besides, my Liverpool supporting mate thinks that plop are demanding a lot more from newcastle because of the rip off in the first place.

Regardless of where he ends up, I just can't see him being as keen and excited about the prospect of a return to newcastle as people on here think he is

I also can't see why he'd want to go back either, he still has 24 hour security outside his house in Liverpool, imagine the threat he'd be under in Newcastle and the temptations would also be much greater for him there

I can't see why Newcastle would even want him for that matter, they have Cisse and Ba, why would they want Carroll too?

Because Ba might leave?

Ba whose been playing in a wide position since his mate Cisse arrived, can't see how Carroll fits in there tbh. If they are going to play two central forwards they already have an established International partnership on their books, if they are going to play the same tactics then Carroll hardly replaces Ba.