Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

Vlaar wanted to come to Villa to play in the premier league, but also to earn more money. We're not dealing with someone who thought they were invited to our birthday party, but at the last minute we changed our mind. Lambert, Koeman and Vlaar are all big boys working in a huge business. I think some fans are putting too much credit into the feelings and emotions of a millionaire.

This was a business decision not to purchase an asset. All parties will now move on. One party will earn less money than he was anticipating and is understandably displeased.

As for Villa's reputation, I imagine this happens all the time in football. Team are interested in a player, they meet the player, circumstances change, they are no longer interested in the player. The only difference here is that the player was snapped at the stadium by a fan. Vlaar would have done himself a favour by keeping his mouth shut until the deal was complete.

a nice bit of sense amongst all the mess....

who gives a flying **** about Vlaar and his agents feelings....

agents are smarmy little gits and he sniffed a big pay day for his player...

hes never going to come out and say "villa clearly don't rate my player enough" is he?...

and people claiming Villa are acting like amateurs and being unprofessional....

well im sorry but if an agent and a player thinks that a deal should be pushed through within 1 week of meeting while the buying club are involved in a tour, then they clearly have no **** clue about football...

it would not surprise me if PL was going to get in touch after the tour once he has assessed his CBs again...but Vlaar has gone and ruined it for himself anyway by spouting petty playground bull shit....

and yeah this thread should be locked because Vlaar has said "the deal is off" and apparently he speaks the gospel truth

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and rightly so given what we do know....blah blah blah....

And what do you know that I don't? Because our manager seems to think otherwise.

Glad to see he's getting unequivocal support. You can always count on the Villa fan base for that at least.

Anything. You people will pounce on ANYTHING.

You should try reading his post instead of hilariously changing it to quote.

Quite clearly we've showed an interest in the player, there is photographic proof he was at villa park. There are quotes from the player and people high up in his club that show he was interested in the move and there was even photographic proof of him being left out of the official team photo.

How you can dispute what Ulver put forward in the post above yours is crazy.

There are quotes from our manager that say he came over for a chat, nothing more nothing less. An "interview" if you like, maybe.

EVERYTHING else has come from Feyenoord, the player and of course, his agent. NOTHING else from Villa's side. Ulver put forward his opinion and presented its as fact. An opinion he has garnered from the above sources rather than listening (and trusting) the words of our own manager (who happens to be in America at the moment and rather busy building a "team")

You should get outside today, its going to be lovely again. Promise....

Wow and i thought the whole bla bla bla quote thing was a one off hilarious fluke.

What Ulver said is true. We did show an interest, he was at villa park and he did make it clear to his club he wanted to leave.

Surely common sense tells you we showed more interest than just a chat. I don't get this attitude that we have to trust and believe OUR side just because its OUR side. If we sign barton would we need to believe everything that comes out of his mouth? Would we have to support his actions? If one of our players had done what suarez did would we have to believe their version? If one of our players had used racist language and gave the defence that terry did would we have to believe it?

I'm willing to say there could be various reasons why the deal might have fallen through but i find it hard to believe we really just had a chat and didn't give Vlaar the idea he would be signed.

I was expecting a call back from a client yesterday. The phone call never happened.

I took a moment to consider my next course of action.

Should I...

1. Sit tight and see if the client calls me today. I know he was on holiday last week and yesterday was his first day back at work.

2. Drop the client a gentle reminder via email?

3. Give the client a call myself?

4. Shout and moan to anybody who will listen using social media tools available to me?

I wonder which of my 4 options are most likely to persuade the client to call me and which is most likely to piss him off royally while making me look thoroughly unprofessional and, perhaps, make him consider whether he wants to continue our business relationship?

I will be more circumspect though with anything else from now on so as not to give some their pound of flesh

Welcome to the club. We had some jackets made. :)

Never mind your Jackets, I had to throw £1400 worth of finger buffet in the bin. And I also have to fork out for a tattoo removal.

I will be more circumspect though with anything else from now on so as not to give some their pound of flesh

Welcome to the club. We had some jackets made. :)

nah, don't get all shy! ;)

now some stuff out in the media today suggesting that koeman is giving villa a week to sort this deal out. after another of his imaginary deadlines passing a while ago. PL has said nothing has changed since the last time he spoke about the situation.

so probably they'll come back from the states and tie this deal up when PL is back in the office.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/aston-villa-fc/2012/07/23/aston-villa-are-set-deadline-over-ron-vlaar-deal/

I was expecting a call back from a client yesterday. The phone call never happened.

Should I...

1. Sit tight and see if the client calls me today. I know he was on holiday last week and yesterday was his first day back at work.

2. Drop the client a gentle reminder via email?

3. Give the client a call myself?

4. Shout and moan to anybody who will listen using social media tools available to me?

I wonder which of my 4 options are most likely to persuade the client to call me and which is most likely to piss him off royally while making me look thoroughly unprofessional and, perhaps, make him consider whether he wants to continue our business relationship?

:lol: Judging by some of the posts on here many were not aware that options 1 to 3 actually existed.

Should I...

1. Post on a public forum that you know you have a call from a client coming , 100% nailed on

2. Sit tight and see if the client calls me today. I know he was on holiday last week and yesterday was his first day back at work.

3. Drop the client a gentle reminder via email?

4. Give the client a call myself?

5. Shout and moan to anybody who will listen using social media tools available to me?

fixed that for ya :winkold:

I agree with the top 2 posts, he needs to get a grip of himself. He wasn`t being "messed around" its just that aston villa football club does not revolve around him, deals need to be worked out and things take a bit longer sometimes. He should have just stayed quiet and waited it out.

But he is obviously a bit of a small time tit judging by the way he reacted.

Damn Richard, I believed you :winkold:
Hey, I believe what I ws told too, I had no reason not to. But now? Well god knows what's happening with this transfer. I've heard nowt for about a week now :(

On the more substantive points about lambert being backed etc I still believe that, I mean of all the things I have had since the end of May everything else has been spot on. Even on this transfer it doesnt appear to be totally over but who knows.

We still believe you have good info, Richard.

Just like most of us still believe MM, Gazton & thetrees. Even if a deal falls through, it doesn't mean that the 'itk' was spouting BS.

Wow and i thought the whole bla bla bla quote thing was a one off hilarious fluke.

What Ulver said is true. We did show an interest, he was at villa park and he did make it clear to his club he wanted to leave.

Surely common sense tells you we showed more interest than just a chat. I don't get this attitude that we have to trust and believe OUR side just because its OUR side. If we sign barton would we need to believe everything that comes out of his mouth? Would we have to support his actions? If one of our players had done what suarez did would we have to believe their version? If one of our players had used racist language and gave the defence that terry did would we have to believe it?

I'm willing to say there could be various reasons why the deal might have fallen through but i find it hard to believe we really just had a chat and didn't give Vlaar the idea he would be signed.

In what way shape or form is it fair to compare Lambert to Suarez or Barton?

Yes, I trust his word over the ramblings of a clearly insecure footballer, a club that are potentially in free fall and about to lose their captain and a **** football agent.

We had a chat, we have shown some interest in the player. That's all we needed to know at the stage. Then we went away to mull the deal over, is that not fair? We're the one's potentially parting with £4m.

The unprofessional parties in this are those that have attempted to turn this into some kind of media circus. Luckily the national press in England couldn't give a **** about us otherwise I would be annoyed.

As it is the biggest loser in all of this is the player himself. Thanks in part to his own big gob he doesn't get to play for the greatest club in the world.

To be fair to the player, he probably has had about 50 microphones thrust into his mouth since he was photographed at VP the other week and is continually being asked whats going on. He was bound to say somehting like this after a while. I wouldnt get so wound up about it. If he comes, he would be a great player IMO and we shouldnt get on his back before he has even signed due to some quotes in the Dutch press.

I see people upset about the actions of Villa in this deal (for me it is about Feyenord not Villa but hey ho) and I can have some sympathy but I think before we think everything is wrong at the club again, it is important to compare us to this time last year

Then we had just lost Young, Downing was gone too, we had the likes of Beye and Heskey still on our books and had the fabulous Mcleish as manager just about to embark on our worst season in ages and with the owner most definitely cutting costs not investing (we still spent 20M by the way)

Now, we have signed 3 new players already, more obviously coming (or else why "waste" 3M on Lowton for example), more of the deadwood will also be leaving (maybe not all but some at least) and we have a good young manager (who was top or near top of most wish lists) and a great managerial team behind him

For me whether this transfer collapses or not (and I am not saying it will or wont, just lets see it play out) the substantive part of where we are now as a club is positive. There is no need, at this stage, for me to look back and reminisce or for me to think that the club is not looking to progress.

I see people upset about the actions of Villa in this deal (for me it is about Feyenord not Villa but hey ho) and I can have some sympathy but I think before we think everything is wrong at the club again, it is important to compare us to this time last year

Then we had just lost Young, Downing was gone too, we had the likes of Beye and Heskey still on our books and had the fabulous Mcleish as manager just about to embark on our worst season in ages and with the owner most definitely cutting costs not investing (we still spent 20M by the way)

Now, we have signed 3 new players already, more obviously coming (or else why "waste" 3M on Lowton for example), more of the deadwood will also be leaving (maybe not all but some at least) and we have a good young manager (who was top or near top of most wish lists) and a great managerial team behind him

For me whether this transfer collapses or not (and I am not saying it will or wont, just lets see it play out) the substantive part of where we are now as a club is positive. There is no need, at this stage, for me to look back and reminisce or for me to think that the club is not looking to progress.

Great post Richard. Some of those on here who are losing all sense of perspective should consider your words carefully.