Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think any season ticket holders enjoyed last season just because they got to say "I told you so"?

Have you forgot one of the worst seasons the club has ever had only a few months ago? Hardly surprising some fans aren't a glass half full when it comes to Randy Lerner making decisions.

You need to let it go Big John - let last season drift away into nothingness where it should stay. Breath in the new season and let it flush out the lingering ginger thoughts that still haunt you.

When the 1st of september is upon us hopefully your faith will be restored.

In recent years, Villa have conducted their incoming transfer activity under a pretty impenetrable veil of secrecy. Confidentiality agreements, etc. There have been occasions when AVFC have lodged a not insignificant amount of money in another club's account as a signal of intent/sincerity and to ensure the confidentiality is maintained.

I accept that it was unfortunate/poor planning that Vlaar was spotted by people on a stadium tour. Perhaps it was unavoidable, perhaps it was poor logistics.

However, you'll note that AVFC said nothing about the meeting until after Ron Vlaar and his agent went public about it. So, if there was a confidentiality agreement in place, then Vlaar/his agent/Feyenoord could be seen to have breached that.

If that's what happened, it's bad faith on their parts regardless of the circumstances of the Villa Park tour.

Maybe AVFC saw that bad faith and thought "all bets are off".

Or maybe they just wanted to wait until they got back from tour but the other parties just couldn't keep their powder dry.

I agree Gazton.

Lets be honest, the photos leaked little over a week ago, yet Vlaar, Koeman and pretty much everybody connected with Feyenoord shot their bats like virgins at the touch of a woman.

At the very start Lambert said it was going to take time, something Feyenoord decided they were not preapred to give.

:lol: as opposed to the everything is great with villa agenda?
People refusing to condemn the club because of a lack of info can not be seen to have an 'everything is great' agenda. People who DO want to condemn the club despite a lack of information, can only be seen to have a negative agenda. Some have made their minds up and some are being more circumspect. I'm sorry if you can't see the distinction between the 2 approaches.

How is ignoring any information that paints the club in a negative light not an agenda?

Putting forward the idea that we've messed them around or have a sell to buy policy is no different to putting forward any of the ideas that paint Vlaar, his agent and his club in the wrong.

Picking up on the sell before we buy policy, I don't really mind if there is, if there is indeed one (there is no evidence at the moment, it has to be said). The inference that Lerner would suddenly change the rules on Lambert and pull the club out of a deal behind his back to me is very unfair as there is no indication that Lerner is anything but honest with his managers. He made it clear to O'Neill that cost cutting had to be done, it was O'Neill who didn't want to do it. He obviously made it clear last season when trying to recruit, which is why we ended up with nobody better than the ginger knob willing to take the job on.

Is this any different to the deadline we gave Liverpool a couple of years ago?

We wanted it done before the europe game against the Icelandic team, it wasn't, Barry played and the deal was off.

Disappointed Vlaar isn't coming so I'm intrigued what the Lambert plan b target is for centre back now. I assume there is one.

I agree Gazton.

Lets be honest, the photos leaked little over a week ago, yet Vlaar, Koeman and pretty much everybody connected with Feyenoord shot their bats like virgins at the touch of a woman.

At the very start Lambert said it was going to take time, something Feyenoord decided they were not preapred to give.

Exactly. Yet despite having said **** all about it, we're the bad guys?

I'd love it if we could create the same kind of tribal, siege mentality we had in the early O'Neill years. In fact, that's what I expected. It's a shame some aren't on board with that, more fool me for having faith in our support.

Maybe I'm silly, an old romantic. But this football malarkey aint what it used to be....

Is this any different to the deadline we gave Liverpool a couple of years ago?

We wanted it done before the europe game against the Icelandic team, it wasn't, Barry played and the deal was off.

No it isn't really.

We were well within our right to do that, and Liverpool obviously didn't want him enough. I don't blame Feyenoord for putting a time limit, but if we do not feel the need to comply to their time-frames then what's the big deal? It's a choice that Lambert and Lerner have made and I guess we have to trust that they know they are doing.

We obviously think we can either get better elsewhere, or will come in for him at a later stage and get the deal completed, or maybe Lambert has now decided to stick with what we have. Who knows.

I agree Gazton.

I'd love it if we could create the same kind of tribal, siege mentality we had in the early O'Neill years. In fact, that's what I expected. It's a shame some aren't on board with that, more fool me for having faith in our support.

Maybe I'm silly, an old romantic. But this football malarkey aint what it used to be....

I will blindly support and back Lambert with his decisions for the next few years. No problem, I'm 100% behind anything he wants to do right now.

I'm happy to get fully behind the majority of our first team players and see what they can do this year.

But I just can't get fully behind Lerner. The days of blind support for me are over. After the last two years he has to do a lot more in order for me to be back on board with him. And unfortunately because of how much I've despised the last two years i can't help but think negatively about our owner at the moment.

Hopefully this time next year I'll be back to being a lot more supportive of the way Lerner goes about his business.

I agree Gazton.

I will blindly support and back Lambert with his decisions for the next few years. No problem, I'm 100% behind anything he wants to do right now.

I'm happy to get fully behind the majority of our first team players and see what they can do this year.

But I just can't get fully behind Lerner. The days of blind support for me are over. After the last two years he has to do a lot more in order for me to be back on board with him. And unfortunately because of how much I've despised the last two years i can't help but think negatively about our owner at the moment.

Hopefully this time next year I'll be back to being a lot more supportive of the way Lerner goes about his business.

I'm not sure its right to blindly support anyone.you should have the courage of your own convictions.

It does not make you a better or worse fan to come on here and speak your mind.

Unlike you, I do understand Lerners position as disappointing as the scenario is at present... but until we get back to buying players and their stock value rises as a result of work at Bodymoor ( like the saunders days) i don't see much progress.

we simply do not have the financial clout or the footballing attraction to get the really good talent.... the only hope is a few lucky gems to develop.