Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

2 wins in 19 PL games for the 2nd half of the season

Coupled with some of the most negative football ever, 7 defenders + Heskey up top

It's as bad as the McNeill era IMHO

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 wins in 19 PL games for the 2nd half of the season

Coupled with some of the most negative football ever, 7 defenders + Heskey up top

It's as bad as the McNeill era IMHO

apart from not finishing bottom and getting relegated it was awfull.

it also wasn't a season that started or ended in the third tier. let's face it, we've had worse!

aaaaaanyway. back on topic, i have a sneaky feeling we'll get vlaar once we're back from the tour and the dust has settled over the outbursts from teh player and feyenord/koeman.

Nobody can deny it was a low point for the club last season but imo it was largely unavoidable in that we had to clear out the deadwood this summer and McLeish was the only person realistically available to manage us through the season under the circumstances. Tough decision that had to be made by Lerner and I admire his guts, but hopefully we're seeing the greenshoots of recovery.

If this deal is still on then everyone's gone about it in a perculiar way. Just glad we've not been drawn into a slanging match.

But after delivering one of the worst seasons the club has ever had

Really? - Can't have been following Villa for that long then

Last year wasn't one of the worst years we've had?

Points total, games won, goals scored, winless streaks. None of these were some of the worst we've had?

It was pretty poor but I guess you could count the season in which we got relegated to the third division as a little bit worse!

Yes but still last season is one of the worst. That's what I was stating in response to drat.

That is complete and utter nonsense.

As Briny says they have been a lot worse years following this club. Did we get relegated? Did we play in lower leagues? Did we have gates of 17000 watching us lose to Sheff Wed to get relegated a few years after winning the European cup? The list is endless.

You have (irrational IMO) hatred of Lerner that manifests itself in nearly every post where you try and justify it by quoting negative BS. The reality is that in today's football we actually have a very good chairman and a very good setup at the football club. We are not the obscene football killing rich club like Man City, Chelsea etc, but what we do have is a club and infrastructure at it that is still regarded by many both within and outside of the game as being one of the leading clubs.

Irrational posts like yours claiming that last year was one of the worst in the clubs history shows a complete lack of understanding regarding the history of the club both short and long term and is more of an indication of the kind of football fan that things like the Champs League, Premiership / Sky and the previously mentioned new money have created.

Worst season? Pah !

Pah! The sound of a grumpy old man. i didn't say it was the worst, i said it was one of the worst. In terms of points total, goals scored, games won, home wins, winless streaks was it or was it not one of our worst seasons?

Are those not the kind of things football is judged on.

You say i lack understanding of short term history, please tell me all the seasons over our short term history worse than the last one.

An enjoyable rant and I'm glad your love and respect of Lerner allows you to enjoy seasons like the last one.