Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

I'm not sure there are any general conclusions about AVFC to be drawn from this but the simple fact is that Vlaar was indeed pissed about in this affair. He's not coming to Villa now - NB SO WHY IS THIS THREAD STILL OPEN? - so I just hope Lambert didn't want to sign him.

On the other hand, if he didn't want to sign him, why have him over for a chat?

So in this particular, singular matter, Villa have not behaved well, wasted people's time and possibly lost out.

That's fine if it's a one-off and Lambert or someone at the club just screwed up. The uglier suggestion that there was a sell-to -buy issue lurking in the background means we should be watching transfer dealings for the rest of the summer hawk-like.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn Richard, I believed you :winkold:
Hey, I believe what I ws told too, I had no reason not to. But now? Well god knows what's happening with this transfer. I've heard nowt for about a week now :(

On the more substantive points about lambert being backed etc I still believe that, I mean of all the things I have had since the end of May everything else has been spot on. Even on this transfer it doesnt appear to be totally over but who knows.

I will be more circumspect though with anything else from now on so as not to give some their pound of flesh

We still believe you have good info, Richard.

Just like most of us still believe MM, Gazton & thetrees. Even if a deal falls through, it doesn't mean that the 'itk' was spouting BS.

Agree. Just because there is one muppet on here whose sole purpose in life is to ridicule other posters it doesnt mean that he is the voice of the forum.

The Trees, MM, Julie have all reached the point where they wonder "why bother". To me, their input contributed to what made this forum worth being a member of. There are still some honest folk contributing on here, but they are being outshouted by attention seeking eejats.

That will spoil it for all.

It's open because

a) There is still speculation

B) The deal is still very possible

c) The transfer window is still open

d) He hasn't gone anywhere else

e) All of the above.

Don't worry. The thread will close when the moderators feel there is a good reason to close it.

I'd also like to add that no matter what we do in the next 4-6 weeks the players are happy. Happy players are productive players and productive players play well. Those looking for lots of signings and exotic big name players are going to be disappointed, but if you just look at our squad how many players last season had awful seasons? Most if not all. If they all start performing they are all like new signings as they are all players we didn't have for the last two seasons.

The way I'm looking at it is from a more grounded perspective, yes I would like a few more players in but if Lambert can get what we have playing as well or better than who he was planning to bring in then isn't that better? Some fans need to lower their standards a bit, stop thinking like a Top 6 club until we are back there. Have a more modest outlook for the time being, the sooner you do that the less disappointment you'll face as for some your goals are set too high.

That's fine if it's a one-off and Lambert or someone at the club just screwed up. The uglier suggestion that there was a sell-to -buy issue lurking in the background means we should be watching transfer dealings for the rest of the summer hawk-like.

And for someone reason this seems to be ignored.

I'm not too bothered about the player being upset or messed around.

The one and only issue with this for me is all about Lambert being backed.

Lambert said that it was far from done and that they'd just had a chat.

Its clear that Vlaar over played his hand at the start and is now backtracking at an almighty rate to save face. Hence his definitive comments.

At the end of the day, Feyenoord are still desperate for the cash and Vlaar's wages would still take a big boost. But it begs the question of whether Lambert still wants him now he has had chance to evaluate the man himself and the centre halves at his disposal.

[quote="macandally The Trees, MM, Julie have all reached the point where they wonder "why bother". To me, their input contributed to what made this forum worth being a member of. There are still some honest folk contributing on here, but they are being outshouted by attention seeking eejats.

That will spoil it for all.

but the simple fact is that Vlaar was indeed pissed about in this affair.

Whilst that may indeed be a fact, its not one that you can call fact as you dont know if he was indeed pissed about. All you know is he came over for a chat, tour, went home and whined.

if he didn't want to sign him, why have him over for a chat?

to understand his personality, attitude etc.

:lol: as opposed to the everything is great with villa agenda?

It makes no sense for what Vlaar has done if it was just an informal chat. It makes absolutely no sense at all.

Now like I said there could be a number of reasons why lambert may have changed his mind.

Do you not think that's it's possible that lambert has been told to sell first and Vlaar has made his comments as he doesn't want to be in a position where he is waiting around not knowing when or if it could happen? Do you not think Lambert would be quiet on this as sell to buy isn't something he wants out in public?

People refusing to condemn the club because of a lack of info can not be seen to have an 'everything is great' agenda. People who DO want to condemn the club despite a lack of information, can only be seen to have a negative agenda. Some have made their minds up and some are being more circumspect. I'm sorry if you can't see the distinction between the 2 approaches.

People refusing to condemn the club because of a lack of info can not be seen to have an 'everything is great' agenda. People who DO want to condemn the club despite a lack of information, can only be seen to have a negative agenda. Some have made their minds up and some are being more circumspect. I'm sorry if you can't see the distinction between the 2 approaches.

^^^^^^this, this and then....oh yes... this ^^^^^

How is ignoring any information that paints the club in a negative light not an agenda?

Putting forward the idea that we've messed them around or have a sell to buy policy is no different to putting forward any of the ideas that paint Vlaar, his agent and his club in the wrong.

As I said, if you can't see it I'm sorry. And just because you can't see it doesn't mean you're not guilty of it either fwiw. Anyway, moving on.

I can't comprehend how people can't see it the way it really is. I believe it is down to having a certain agenda.

Agreed. We've made a huge balls up of it, hold our hands up, admit it and move on. Simple