Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

I love the internet, it's fantastic but it can seriously mess with things out of our control when it comes to transfers.

It can. But the club didn't do themselves many favours by arranging his tour at the same time as a club tour :) Third time's a charm!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the internet, it's fantastic but it can seriously mess with things out of our control when it comes to transfers.

It can. But the club didn't do themselves many favours by arranging his tour at the same time as a club tour :) Third time's a charm!

Aye that's true!

It's fine to ask the question, just realise there's always likely to be more than one answer until more FACTS are known.

No problem with that.

I've said i could be wrong, i said we may have another option lined up or vlaar's wage demands could be too high.

I just don't get the blind faith or attitude towards speculating.

If one of the worst seasons in the clubs history isn't enough to allow fans to question the owner what is?

I just don't get the blind faith or attitude towards speculating.

What I said in my post was that it is fine IMHO to discuss this as long as we do it in a manner that acknowledges that we don't know what's truly going on. However, what is happening here is that this is being discussed; and the club are being judged harshly; in a way that suggests some posters know everything or close to everything.

The 27-year-old Holland international looked set to seal a £3million switch last weekend after talks with Villa boss Paul Lambert.

However, he has grown increasingly tired of protracted talks, insisting the transfer is now off.

'The chance that I will now sign for Aston Villa is almost zero,' he said.

'I don’t like to be messed about. You can write down that this transfer is now off.'

Feyenoord boss Ronald Koeman is happy for the player to stay after warning Villa that they will pull the plug.

From the Daily Mail

Sounds like a right gob-shite...do not want!

The 27-year-old Holland international looked set to seal a £3million switch last weekend after talks with Villa boss Paul Lambert.

However, he has grown increasingly tired of protracted talks, insisting the transfer is now off.

'The chance that I will now sign for Aston Villa is almost zero,' he said.

'I don’t like to be messed about. You can write down that this transfer is now off.'

Feyenoord boss Ronald Koeman is happy for the player to stay after warning Villa that they will pull the plug.

From the Daily Mail

Sounds like a right gob-shite...do not want!

Same here, I'll back the club all the way. Not going to listen to some dutch tit slagging us off.

I'm happy to admit i don't know the whole picture, if my posts have reflected differently then it was unintentional.

From the details we do know it just makes me worried. I probably am overreating slightly but i've just lost all faith in Randy Lerner as an owner.

I think lambert is a fantastic manager and i just worry the potential we have under him could be ruined from yet more poor decision making.

I'm happy to acknowledge i may be completely wrong, i hope Lambert and Lerner are on the same page and i hope Lambert is given the full backing he wants.

the only thing we do know is that Vlaar loves to **** moan to the press like a ignorant rocket polisher...

he looks like a rocket polisher and talks like a rocket polisher...

Lambert was probably massively put off when he met him and thought "this guy is a grade A helmet"....

move on to better targets

I'm sorry, but why should we all of sudden decide to play the game entirely by Feyenoord's rules?

Vlaar is dumb for going along with it. If he really wanted the move, then he shouldn't be bothered if it happened today or next week. Perhaps the reassurances haven't been there from Villa's end or perhaps Feyenoord have priced him out of a move? Who knows.

It does seem like if things went bad during the season he would be the first I start moaning to the press. Especially after being used to winning games most of the time. Could be a blessing in disguise missing out on this one.

He's put out a come and get me plea and it's fallen on deaf ears. Time to move on. I would have thought that any move would be unlikely to happen whilst we were in the US and that would have been made clear. I'm glad the club hasn't been jerked into a slanging match that ends up with us giving away details of the transfer policy that may drive up prices for other targets. Players are always coming over to training facilites and stadiums, my dad's a taxi driver and took Eden Hazard to Arsenal's training ground a couple of seasons ago and nothing happened there. It's just this got out in the public domain in a way that Villa are loathe to do due to circumstance.

I agree with alot of what you lot have been saying, but doesnt anyone think the fact that we got the man all excited, made him fall in love with the club, as well as show disloyalty to his own club and then snubbed him would piss anybody off? If the roles were reversed and one of our players did the same would they not be torn to shreds by our own fans and look like a right pratt for expressing their desire for a move so confidently?. I side with the club, but we've definitely embarrassed Vlaar!

I side with the club, but we've definitely embarrassed Vlaar!

i think vlaar has embarrassed vlaar tbh. we dont know what was said between the parties. we could very well have said "we'll chat about it further after our american tour" when we met him, and then he decided he wanted to try to push it through quicker and ended up with egg on his face

I didn't want him in the first place because i don't rate him as a footballer all the footage i have seen of him he looks heavy legged and not up to premiership pace similar to what Bouma was like when he first joined us the difference is with Bouma he had the attitude to succeed and became a quality player for us this bloke has a bad attitude and doesn't deserve to wear the shirt next target please