General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, whoops! :oops:

Maybe it was just wishful thinking that he would be off our books come the new season so the number would be freed up :winkold:

Looks as Lambart has made his plan and wants new players in as soon as possible, i like his approach very much.

Yup, never understood MoNs idea of waiting and waiting and waiting.

A tactic which could come back to haunt us again this summer. If Martin really is interested by Gabby, then by the time the transfer funds reach AVFC's bank account, we'll probably have little to no time to re-invest it.

My God they need a striker, Wickham, Campbell & Ji Dong-Won. How long till he signs Ivanhoe? Seems the logical choice to me. Actually, just looking at them and knowing the type of player O'Neill tries to sign I could see them having a right tough season.

When a club tries to sell you, it doesnt really give you a warm and fuzzy feeling does i?

In fact, you think that you are not part of the managers plans and are not wanted, therefore you think sod it. I will go then.

He was interviewed as he left Bodymoor Heath and I remember thinking "He doesnt want to go". He was nearly in tears, that doesnt happen if you are trying to manipulate your way out of a club.

sorry to stray back off topic, but macandally, you need to read this, from the chairmans mouth regarding milner.

lerner attacks city over milner

its clear that the club did not wish to sell milner. milner wanted out. which leads me onto this article

milner rejects new deal.

Actually, just looking at them and knowing the type of player O'Neill tries to sign I could see them having a right tough season.

Wishful thinking there I suspect. He will get the most out of them but this is not about Monderland and their targets.

For us I would still like to see

In

1 LB

2 CB

1 MF

1 Winger

1 Striker

Out

Warnock

Hutton

Collins

Albrighton

Bannan

Delfouneso

Gabby

Actually, just looking at them and knowing the type of player O'Neill tries to sign I could see them having a right tough season.

Wishful thinking there I suspect. He will get the most out of them but this is not about Monderland and their targets.

For us I would still like to see

In

1 LB

2 CB

1 MF

1 Winger

1 Striker

Out

Warnock

Hutton

Collins

Albrighton

Bannan

Delfouneso

Gabby

This. Although I'd be tempted to keep Gabby for another season.

OUT - Warnock, Hutton, Collins, Bannan, Gardner (Loan), Albrighton (Loan), Delfouneso.

IN - Clyne, Ramis, Kjaer, Ki Seung Yeung, Adam Johnson, Hoilett.

I'd like Fonz to get one more chance on loan after spending pre season here so Lambert can fully assess him.

Albrighton should be going nowhere, likewise Gabby. Bannan, I'm undecided on. Warnock, Hutton and Collins can do one. Dunne probably too.

2 new centre halves with Clark and Baker for company sounds about right to me.

I'd like Fonz to get one more chance on loan after spending pre season here so Lambert can fully assess him.

Albrighton should be going nowhere, likewise Gabby. Bannan, I'm undecided on. Warnock, Hutton and Collins can do one. Dunne probably too.

delfouneso is a player people want out cus its been 4 years since his been in the first team, his still only 21, the last 2 seasons have been disrupted through injury and a loan at burnley where he played right wing. he needs a sustained run of games before he gets written off.

Sanity in an insane world.

The Fonz is doomed.

He's clearly not really good enough.

And even if he does make it to the first team, he's never going to live up to the ridiculously high expectations that people had of him, so he'll always be considered somewhat of a failure, unfortunately.

delfouneso is a player people want out cus its been 4 years since his been in the first team, his still only 21, the last 2 seasons have been disrupted through injury and a loan at burnley where he played right wing. he needs a sustained run of games before he gets written off.

It's not just that though is it? He's never shown signs of quality at PL level (the likes of Albrighton and Clark have), and most importantly, he doesn't seem arsed about working hard at all.

Without immense effort on his part I cannot see him making enough progress for promotion to the first team proper.

When a club tries to sell you, it doesnt really give you a warm and fuzzy feeling does i?

In fact, you think that you are not part of the managers plans and are not wanted, therefore you think sod it. I will go then.

He was interviewed as he left Bodymoor Heath and I remember thinking "He doesnt want to go". He was nearly in tears, that doesnt happen if you are trying to manipulate your way out of a club.

sorry to stray back off topic, but macandally, you need to read this, from the chairmans mouth regarding milner.

lerner attacks city over milner

its clear that the club did not wish to sell milner. milner wanted out. which leads me onto this article

milner rejects new deal.

Just to put that print into perspective, ONeill already wanted to sell Milner to fund McGeady, one of the reasons he through a wobbly and left. After that, Lerner tried to keep him but the damage was already done wasnt it.

The second one is from the Mirror, who tend to make up stories to sell papers as we all know.

I appreciate your efforts, but I do not buy into those articles or consider them as evidence for the prosecution.

For defence, think we should try & sell Warnock, Collins, Hutton, but keep Dunne. Might be better to have some continuity, he's played plenty with Given and we might as well play out his contract, rather than take a loss now as he's less likely to attract buyers at his age. Bring in a new signing for Collins as first choice, and hopefully phase out Dunne over the season for Clark/Baker. Lowton can probably cover CB too, so that would probably be enough for that position - rather spend bigger on one good first choice CB than spread out money over 2 middling ones.

Then we would need a good LB to replace Warnock.

New LB/Lichaj/Stevens

New CB/Dunne/Clark/Baker/Lowton/Williams

Lowton/Lichaj/Herd

I would like to see us sign first team players for the following positions.

GK, LB, CB, CB, RB, RM, CM, CM, LM, CF.

What's the chances of this happening?

Why not

GK, LB, CB, CB, RB, DM, DM, RM, CM, LM ?

Ah, the Spurs approach from a few years back. Usually followed by 20 games of settling in and playing catchup, then convincing yourself you bought the wrong 11 and doing it again the next summer. It makes the pre-season the most exciting part and the actual season the worst part. No thanks!

Why not

GK, LB, CB, CB, RB, DM, DM, RM, CM, LM ?

Now you're just being plain greedy.

It's not just that though is it? He's never shown signs of quality at PL level (the likes of Albrighton and Clark have), and most importantly, he doesn't seem arsed about working hard at all.

Without immense effort on his part I cannot see him making enough progress for promotion to the first team proper.

According to wiki delfouneso has played 43 matches (nearly half are as a sub) over 4 seasons for the first team, and scored 9 goals. Now when you take into consideration that his longest run in the teams was 4 or 5 games under Houillier thatts actually a pretty good return for an unestablished player.

To me he has always shown tohe potential to be a good goalscorer, the problem with him is he hasn't yet caught on to the fact he needs to fight hard on the pitch, like he is wasting for things to open up, rather than making things happen, and finding that space. When he shows a bit of aggression and goes for it he looks dangerous.

For me his career is on a knife edge, if he is able to consistently put himself about and really fight to get the ball, and / or find space he could be a fantastic player, if he doesn't he will another Luke Moore, and only show his true capabilities in occasional flashes.