General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fallen club, bigger name and they're probably paying him 100k a week

At 29, a bad investment

Fallen club ? From where this is Proberley there most sustained time in the top flight

Big club ? Since when

Does CI stand for clueless idiot ?

Carroll would be interesting for us but he wouldn't suit Bent in my opinion. I think Bent greatly prefers having the ball passed to his feet for him to deflect in off his boot.

Saying that, Bent would still score goals if partnered with Carroll, because I think Bent will always score a certain amount of goals however the team is playing, arguably he proved that last season, but playing with Carroll may mean Bent having to do a lot of the type of work he doesn't enjoy.

Weirdly enough, although it might not be that weird, Carroll would suit Agbonlahor. I think Gabby would enjoy playing with Carroll flicking headers in to his path.

At 29, a bad investment

Fallen club ? From where this is Proberley there most sustained time in the top flight

Big club ? Since when

There are not the power in football that they once were, but they still are a massive club, a global brand.

At 29, a bad investment

Big club ? Since when

Perhaps you should spend more time at school, your spelling is terrible as is your grammar as are your manners

I know we all love to give the scousers some stick but surely even the most critical Villa fans can see that Liverpool would be a bigger draw than Villa, especially given our last 2 seasons.

Whilst they have definately gone off the boil in the last few seasons, they have won major honours in living history of the current crop of players, they are a global brand, go on holiday to Africa or Asia and you'll see plenty of Liverpool fans. They are able to offer more in wages than us, and whilst they cannot offer European football at the moment you'd have to say they're a damn sight closer to it than we are.

If I wasn't a Villa fan and I was offered a similar chance of playing regularly at Villa and Liverpool, I have to say I'd pick Liverpool, and probably earn myself an extra £20k a week in the process.

At 29, a bad investment

Big club ? Since when

Perhaps you should spend more time at school, your spelling is terrible as is your grammar as are your manners

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The

empire

strikes

back.................

At 29, a bad investment

Big club ? Since when

You are the last person who should complain about other peoples grammar. Each sentence does no need a new line. And it would be nice if u grouped your posts instead of posting 3 lines every page.

At 29, a bad investment

Big club ? Since when

You are the last person who should complain about other peoples grammar. Each sentence does no need a new line. And it would be nice if u grouped your posts instead of posting 3 lines every page.

Don't feed the troll....

Just seen on the OS PL lauding Given and Dunne, so if that's the case I can see Dunne sticking around and Collins being shipped out making room for a new CB which is fine by me. A motivated focused Dunne is a real asset to us IMO.

A motivated focused Dunne is a real asset to us IMO.

Hmmm dunno mate - I would have thought there would be no better motivation than performing on an international stage such as the Euros, and he looked well well off the pace there.

I know that he was playing against some of the best teams there but he still looked like an old man who's best days were behind him.

Just seen on the OS PL lauding Given and Dunne, so if that's the case I can see Dunne sticking around and Collins being shipped out making room for a new CB which is fine by me. A motivated focused Dunne is a real asset to us IMO.

I'd rather keep Collins than Dunne. Although I would rather Iggle Piggle play centre back than either of them!

Yep, i think his best days are long gone. 32 and fast approaching 33. He needs to be replaced imo.

I would love to see Clark partner a strong blocker/ball winning centre half as we know Clark is very comfortable with the ball at his feet. I also think Baker will turn out to be a cracking centre half.

Clark as one of the 1st choice centre backs to start the season imo.

I didn't see anything like Lambert lauding Dunne and Given, just saying they are experienced, have had good careers and had a bad tournament.

Not the greatest endorsement ever.

Dunne might stay but he won't be walking into the starting lineup (I hope). And Guzan will be given every opportunity to stake his claim for Given's place.

We're fine for goalkeepers but I hope (and think we will) we get one or two defenders to make Dunne either fight harder than ever for his place or sit on his arse.