General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone said Carroll wins everything in the air. Must be a different one to the one i've watched last season and this summer. He was useless in the Euros bar that goal which came off the side of his head by mistake

This wins the "VillaTalk most inaccurate post of the week" Award.

Congratulations

:hooray:

Which bit was wrong ?

Well, he DID win everything in the air.

Did you not watch the Italy game? It was the only time we ever held onto the ball, when it went high to Carroll. Italy didn't even bother to challenge towards the end of the match because he was winning everything.

And that was a fantastic header.

I by no means think Carroll is amazing, or even very good. But the part of your post I've quoted is just plain wrong. Imo of course.

Not sure if I'd agree with you about England holding on to the ball thanks to Carroll (although I realise that relative to their general play you're right). He might have won a few headers but every time he took the ball down and tried to play it he gave it away. Frankly if I was an Italian defender I'd be thinking to myself, "Why risk making myself look like a mug by challenging him for the header? Let him take it down and we'll have the ball back in two seconds anyway."

I wouldn't disagree with you about how powerful he is in the air but are people not worried about how his presence would affect our style of play?

Personally I think he's a very average player and I really don't want to see him at VP.

Kayal and Wanayama from Celtic talked about on twitter would like either of them ase both are mobile and good passers of the ball,

Defence has to be key now. At least a LB and a CB. Does KEA do what Kayal and Wanyama do?

Agreed Defence will be strengthened IMO Possibly Ramis and would love Kjaer but that wouldnt happen :(

Kayal is more attack minded and Wanayama is a midfield destroyer.... could work alongside KEA...

Why would Kjaer not happen? He will not be going back to Wolfsberg thats for sure, didn't have a great season at Roma either, he's available.

I duno tbh I would think he would want at least Europa League.... would love him @ Villa!

Btw

Ian Taylor tweeted this before....

Meeting tomorrow re US tour with #avfc. Will be interesting to see how the squad is shaping up when I go with the squad. More signings?

could he be hinting at something?

QPR have been making some very odd, old signings.

Agreed. I guess they thought they needed a bit more experience, but the way it's going they're going to have the oldest starting 11 in the PL by some distance.

Green - 32

Derry - 34

Hill - 33

Park - 31

Zamora -31

Cisse -30

Helguson - 34

Smith - 32

Kayal and Wanayama from Celtic talked about on twitter would like either of them ase both are mobile and good passers of the ball,

Defence has to be key now. At least a LB and a CB. Does KEA do what Kayal and Wanyama do?

Agreed Defence will be strengthened IMO Possibly Ramis and would love Kjaer but that wouldnt happen :(

Kayal is more attack minded and Wanayama is a midfield destroyer.... could work alongside KEA...

Why would Kjaer not happen? He will not be going back to Wolfsberg thats for sure, didn't have a great season at Roma either, he's available.

Surely it's as likely to happen as the last time we went to Italy to sign a highly rated Danish centre half who had failed to bed into a top Serie A side after being outstanding at a mid table Serie A side.

I duno tbh I would think he would want at least Europa League.... would love him @ Villa!

Btw

Ian Taylor tweeted this before....

Meeting tomorrow re US tour with #avfc. Will be interesting to see how the squad is shaping up when I go with the squad. More signings?

could he be hinting at something?

Nah, I don't think Ian Taylor is kept in the loop regarding potential transfer targets, he has said as much himself. Obviously he could be fibbing but I think he's telling the truth. He's come out with stuff like that before and everyone asks if he's hinting at something but nothing seems to happen. I think he's just being a typical fan.

It does seem to be hinted from other sources that this week and the next are shaping up to be pretty busy for us but I haven't seen much the last couple of days to suggest anything close is about to happen, not that I know anything but you'd expect some stories to be breaking if something was imminent.

just out of interest ! On the OS the Lowton has been issued no34 - Karim has no8 and Holman has no14........... weirdly so does the Fonz - does this mean Fonz is doing the rightful thing and getting his useless ass out of the squad !

Wikipedia says AS Roma had a deal in place to buy Kjaer for Euro10m this time last year. He's just come off the back of a less than successful season on loan, has one year less on his contract, and is unwanted by Wolfsburg. Surely there's a deal to be done there....

In terms of Celtic CM's I'd be happy with any of Kayal, Wanyama or (especially) Ki Seung-Yeung.

We have replaced Petrov with KEA with in terms of experience we really only have Ireland and Makoun, the latter of which could be on his way. Then we move on to Bannan, Herd, Delph and Gardner as far as strength in depth is concerned. Really not sure about this when you consider teams like Spurs are riddled with quality midfielders. Even Everton's CM options are better than ours in Fellaini, Gibson, Osman, Rodwell and Cahill.

Kjaer at CB would be a great signing to play alongside Clark.

All we'd need then is another striker (Carroll/Sturridge/De Jong) and a LB (Clyne/Haidara/Izaguirre) and we'd be well sorted for next season.

Looks as Lambart has made his plan and wants new players in as soon as possible, i like his approach very much.

Yup, never understood MoNs idea of waiting and waiting and waiting.

just out of interest ! On the OS the Lowton has been issued no34 - Karim has no8 and Holman has no14........... weirdly so does the Fonz - does this mean Fonz is doing the rightful thing and getting his useless ass out of the squad !

The Fonz needs to keep No. 14. Ever since he was mentioned in the same sentence as Thierry Henry he has wanted that shirt and his performances have been nothing short of mesmeric. It's like having the French maestro in our team every week.

Looks as Lambart has made his plan and wants new players in as soon as possible, i like his approach very much.

Yup, never understood MoNs idea of waiting and waiting and waiting.

A tactic which could come back to haunt us again this summer. If Martin really is interested by Gabby, then by the time the transfer funds reach AVFC's bank account, we'll probably have little to no time to re-invest it.

Think I read somewhere rumours that the Fonz was going out on loan somewhere, my brain is telling me Sheffield United but I could be wrong. That might explain why Holman took number 14.

I would have thought KEA would have taken the number 6 shirt myself, isn't that the number he had at Feyenoord? Ah well.