General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

As far as I'm aware Stephen Ireland hasn't said a bad word about our club, nor has he gotten into any training ground arguments, nightclub fights or any other trouble with the police. I'm not saying Balotelli has done these things, but Ireland has been no real trouble for us.

I can understand people disliking him for being ineffective on the pitch, although personally the games I saw towards the end of last season showed he was one of the few people who actually gave a damn. He was chasing down people for the ball constantly. I just feel a bit for him sometimes, he gets a lot of stick here. Fair enough if you don't think he's good on the pitch but it's not like he's caused us any problems.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah okay, but I wasn't directly referring to your post, it just reminded me of it. I wasn't accusing you of feeling that way towards him so apologies if that's how it came across.

No, no need to apologise, I can understand why it'd remind you. I think my statement was pretty ambiguous and that's the thing with both those players (Ballotelli and Ireland) they're like marmite so you were right to be uncertain if I meant it in a positive or negative way.

Ola Toivonen is not a bad player BUT his no where near as good as some hope. He looses focus easilly when things don't go his way and he's almost as bad as Luis Suarez when it comes to gestures and diving. Frankly i'd hate to have him in the team.

Then again he might change his attitude if he comes to a new team in a new league...

If we're after a Swedish striker i hope it's John Guidetti

Are people really comparing Ireland with what Ashley Young was for us

Remarkable

No mate, i dont think people are comparing the two as in who was better (saying that, that 1 seaon for Man City i would say Ireland was at least on a par with what what Ashley Young ever was for us, but thats another debate).

Like 8pints says, we are just saying that Ireland has the potential to be our most influential player as Young once was.

Oh ok fair enough, for me it's now or never for Ireland

We've had little return over 2 seasons so let's see now season 3

No excuses now really

In his defence, the 1st season he was never at 1 point 100% fully fit. And to be fair to the lad, i though last season he was impressive and fully deserved his player of the year award. If he continues to improve next season he could be a big player for us.

Anyway, looks like Dempsey is going to Liverpool....this makes me very very very sad indeed! :(

Why would Dempsey come here anyway? Think people need to be a bit more realistic.

moving from Fulham to Villa (at the moment) is not a step forward.. harsh but in my opinion true.

He is also 29 so this will probably be his last big move so it's no surprise he will try to aim as high as possible.

Few whispers on twitter there could be movement today, I'd imagine one leaving or Guzan signing.

As for toivonen I'd take him, always liked what I've seen when he plays, wouldn't be against him signing, I'd imagine transfer fee and wages would be reasonable too.

Why would Dempsey come here anyway? Think people need to be a bit more realistic.

moving from Fulham to Villa (at the moment) is not a step forward.. harsh but in my opinion true.

He is also 29 so this will probably be his last big move so it's no surprise he will try to aim as high as possible.

I think we all agree that he wouldnt move from Fulham to Villa as he has proven he is ready for a crack at the big time.

People can still speculate and live in hope! :)

He won't be getting European football with them so what's the draw to them? They are a fallen club, just like us.

I like Dempsey, but at 29 and looking for a big move it's not the type of player Lambert is looking at as he's said himself. Not worth the fee or the contract he would be after.

However, in terms of Carroll, reading Rodgers latest comments, he really doesn't like him does he?! A punt on Carroll on loan with a reasonable buy in clause could be worthwhile, although we all know Liverpool will want to recoup most of there money, and he wouldn't be worth that IMO.