General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Dunne's legs are gone, he simply does not have the pace to live with PL strikers

It's a situation that will only get worse this coming season

Would rather play Clark & Baker

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fallen club, bigger name and they're probably paying him 100k a week

At 29, a bad investment

Fallen club ? From where this is Proberley there most sustained time in the top flight

Big club ? Since when

Does CI stand for clueless idiot ?

Perhaps you should spend more time at school. Your spelling is terrible, as is your grammar, as are your manners.

Must do better. See me after class.

Would rather play Clark & Baker

Me too, i wouldnt be at all worried if those two started against West Ham on the opening day. Yes, i would like a bit more experienced centre half brought in to play alongside Clark, but if we start with those two then im happy with that. They will only improve with the more games they play.

Judging by the comments made by James Nursey recently we could be looking at a completely new look back line which (using a few hypotheticals), could look like this:

Guzan

Lowton – Clark - Ramis - Haidera

Compare that to last season:

Given

Hutton - Collins - Dunne – Warnock

I’d be quite happy with that. I think Given still has a lot to offer, but this could be Guzan’s year. Remember City brought him in on big money and soon realised that they had a better option in a young Joe Hart. Not saying that Brad is in Hart’s category, but he is a lot younger and therefore more mobile and still improving year on year.

If we're pinning our hopes on Ciaran Clark to shore up our back line then were on a hiding to nothing. The lad has shown nothing to prove he is a top premier league central defender in the making. FWIW i think Nathan Baker will overtake him this season, but I reckon this season will come to early for Baker, he'll be 3rd choice behind Dunne & AN Other....... I think Clark will fade out - decent in a few positions - will excel in none !

id be petrified, we have seen in past Clark is too easily bullied and one thing you always get with Fat Sam team is physicality

When was Clark bullied ut of a game? :?

Newcastle 6-0 springs to mind

The one where his 10 team-mates and the manager were bullied too. Best to drop them all so.

id be petrified, we have seen in past Clark is too easily bullied and one thing you always get with Fat Sam team is physicality

When was Clark bullied ut of a game? :?

Your really going to judge him on that game!?!? Freak game where not a single player would have got anything above a 2/3 mark.

Where did he play that game by the way? Not centre half. My point is, we havnt seen the best of him because he has never had a run of games in his true position.

Writing of Clark is crazy, he is a very good player, if you want us to move away from the hoof, last ditch defending crap, then he has to play at the back, I also rate Baker too, as they actually know how to pass the ball out of defence, rather than the hoof. With an acomplished defender beside him he is very good.

The lad has shown nothing to prove he is a top premier league central defender in the making.

Because he hasnt really played there!

If he's good enough for Fergie to take a look at him, then that tells me the kid has a little bit of something.

-------------Given----------------

Lichaj--Clark--Ramis----Lowton

That'd do.

that'd do for relegation.......... IMO *disclaimer*

Dont think Lichaj and Clark are top drawer, Ramis and Lowton un-proven as yet....... we need some proven experience in there.......

im swedish so ive seen the guy play in our national games, cant really say that i rated him (as a player or person).. think we can do better.

I cant say ive been following him in psv though so i might be wrong.

games played and goals made. 13 so far out of 25 games, which isnt too bad i spose :)

2010/11: 25 / 13

2009/10: 33 / 13

2008/09: 14 / 6

2008: 27 / 14

2007: 24 / 3

2006: 25 / 6

2005: 27 / 5

2004: 19 / 41

We should have bought him in 2004 when he scored 41 goals in 19 games :shock:

:winkold:

I would be against partnering Clark & Baker. They're too inexperienced as a pair. I've no problem with either of them but they'd need an experienced partner. Clark & A.N.Other would be my preference. If we've signed Lowton for one side and we were (are?) looking for Bertrand for the other side then I really think we need experience in the centre. Going into a season with 4 'youngsters' (from an experience P.O.V.) at the back is very very risky.