General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Properly utilised and supported, Carroll would score shitloads of goals for us. Alongside Bent.

If he's available on loan with a view to a permanent move we should go all out to make it happen. Liverpool massively overpaid for him but he's worth a lot more than £6m. Also, it could be a case of getting Carroll out of a mess rather than Liverpool.

Nice theory

But pretty sure Bent would end up banging them in for the scousers - while once again a big lumbering villa centre forward is laughed at.

Really hope this doesn't happen.

We're not selling Bent, they are looking to get rid of Carroll.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt Carroll is a threat and would add loads to our team - him and Bent could be lethal.

Depends on his wages really.

PL seems to be bringing in all these early signings on very low wages so if he can shift some of the dead wood maybe theres room for someone like this.

Carroll would score shitloads of goals for us? Carroll has never scored shitloads and he never, ever will score many during a season. He is not made for it. He is tall and strong, thus a good winner of headers due to his aggressive style. However, he is seldom at the right place at the right time, he is slow and easy to pick up in the area, he has mediocre finishing skills and never seem to sustain his form (if and when on a streak). He has a good moment at Newcastle ans scored some goals, but we see very clearly at Liverpool (who create lots of chances to be fair) that he is not a goalscorer of any sorts. He has a decent shot in him, he can bang them in from distance on volley as we have seen a few times - but that is about it and it happens 2 times every season at best. 35 games for Liverpool last season and 4 goals. Even Shola Ameobi and Emile Heskey would do better than that in a Liverpool-kit I am sure.

He was interviewed as he left Bodymoor Heath and I remember thinking "He doesnt want to go". He was nearly in tears, that doesnt happen if you are trying to manipulate your way out of a club.

I remember seeing that and thinking 'he's got that look of guilty shame'

He was one of those rare footballers that was supposed to be down to earth, old school and not in it for the money

Yet, once Man City showed him their silk knickers he couldn't wait to jump ship and nibble on em

He's no different to Downing. I would've said Barry/Young but both of those at least put in some time before leaving us

Milner wanted out, Milner got out

I'd be all for Carroll tbh.

I really rate him as a player...and anyone who makes John Terry look like an arsehole is a bit of a hero in my view!

I agree Wigster! I think Carroll could do a great job for us. He has been played wrong at Liverpool... a manager such as Lambert could really get the best out of him.

Carroll would score shitloads of goals for us? Carroll has never scored shitloads and he never, ever will score many during a season. He is not made for it. He is tall and strong, thus a good winner of headers due to his aggressive style. However, he is seldom at the right place at the right time, he is slow and easy to pick up in the area, he has mediocre finishing skills and never seem to sustain his form (if and when on a streak). He has a good moment at Newcastle ans scored some goals, but we see very clearly at Liverpool (who create lots of chances to be fair) that he is not a goalscorer of any sorts. He has a decent shot in him, he can bang them in from distance on volley as we have seen a few times - but that is about it and it happens 2 times every season at best. 35 games for Liverpool last season and 4 goals. Even Shola Ameobi and Emile Heskey would do better than that in a Liverpool-kit I am sure.

Agree - Carroll would score shitloads for us ? seems to be based on nothing. Hes a very limited player - this move would be disastrous for us. Money could be better spent elsewhere.

I really rate him as a player...and anyone who makes John Terry look like an arsehole is a bit of a hero in my view!

Does that mean you'd be Ok with Anton Ferdinand and Wayne Bridge ?

I personally think it would be hilarious to take Carroll off their hadns just as he's hitting some form.

If we got him at a knock down price and he ended up banging them in for us it owuld make Liverpool look even more stupid.

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be interested. he'd cost too much.

Remember Lambert got Grant Holt scoring lots @ norwich.... 15 last season 20 odd the season before... yes Holt is a little more mobile than Carroll but I think we could get a return of around 12 goals for Carroll and maybe 15-20 for Bent.... add in Gabbys total with the midfield chipping in... we would be in a good position!

After paying 35m for him, the very least Liverpool would want to recoup would be 20m

And the sticking point there is he's not shown he's worth 10m nevermind 20m

So, it's obviously a non starter

Someone said Carroll wins everything in the air. Must be a different one to the one i've watched last season and this summer. He was useless in the Euros bar that goal which came off the side of his head by mistake

I'd have done a straight swap for Heskey. But that's about it

Don't fancy Carroll here myself. The less of a temptation there is to hoof the ball up the pitch the better in my opinion.

If we are getting another striker in I'd like someone who can play more as a number 10 besides/behind Bent. A young version of Robbie Keane would be ideal.

Does that mean you'd be Ok with Anton Ferdinand and Wayne Bridge ?

I dont rate them as players, but they go up in my estimation for making Terry look like an arsehole!

Someone said Carroll wins everything in the air. Must be a different one to the one i've watched last season and this summer. He was useless in the Euros bar that goal which came off the side of his head by mistake

This wins the "VillaTalk most inaccurate post of the week" Award.

Congratulations

:hooray: