General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Apparently QPR have also agreed a £7m deal for Ki Seung Yeung of Celtic, another player who i'd like at VP next season.

They really are hitting the Korean market hard this summer. Interesting tactics, maybe they have Korean silent investors?

Just noticed from Mat Kendrick tweets that we need a GK for Saturdays friendly against Burton, which should mean that we will sign Guzan in the next few days.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently QPR have also agreed a £7m deal for Ki Seung Yeung of Celtic, another player who i'd like at VP next season.

They really are hitting the Korean market hard this summer. Interesting tactics, maybe they have Korean silent investors?

Or maybe they just think Park and Ki are good?

Just noticed from Mat Kendrick tweets that we need a GK for Saturdays friendly against Burton, which should mean that we will sign Guzan in the next few days.

I also would like Ki but no way is he worth 7 million. There isnt a player in the SPL worth that imho.

Or maybe they just think Park and Ki are good?

Probably. But my theory is a little more exciting in my head.

Either way I also think both are good and Ki especially would offer us a hell of a lot more than just shirt sales in Korea. Very good player and actually a presence in midfield at 6' 2.

What players are worth their price in the UK these days?

Very few, good point. But the SPL even more so I think. It is rather shocking just how poor the football has become up there. Every time I see a game I am appalled, Old Firm included. And I say this as a man whose team was managed by Alex **** McLiesh last season.

@astonvilla_view: Speculation - Nils Ola Toivonen from PSV #avfc http://t.co/51hf4E4C

Not sure where the connection comes from, but would like to see such a transfer go through. Certainly the entertainment value, which seems to count in the modern game. One of the people for a classic moment or two, ala Gabby when we won 2-1 away at the sty. Friend of mine is a PSG fan, says himself that the guy should move into a "bigger league"

How can you say he is average Zatman? From what I have seen of him, he looks a quality player & I for one would welcome him with open arms...

We have a few of those arrogant types at our club, so I am sure he will fit right in. That isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm sure Lambert will keep him in line.

That being said, how reliable is the link? Looks pretty flimsy to me. We'll see.

@astonvilla_view: Speculation - Nils Ola Toivonen from PSV #avfc http://t.co/51hf4E4C

Not sure where the connection comes from, but would like to see such a transfer go through. Certainly the entertainment value, which seems to count in the modern game. One of the people for a classic moment or two, ala Gabby when we won 2-1 away at the sty. Friend of mine is a PSG fan, says himself that the guy should move into a "bigger league"

I'm a Dutch PSV fan and I have to admit that he's the most annoying, theatrical, arrogant and irritating player in the Eredivisie.

I watched a few youtube vids of him! Non of them show off any skill, doesn't seem to have any real pace of strength, just a decent finisher, with a decent long shot. However all the vids had him falling over at the slightest touch, provoking opposition players and many other underhanded behaviour. Looks like a nasty piece of work and I don't want him any where near Villa Park.

Don't know a lot about him Verb to be fair. His Wiki page suggests his is about to sign a 4 yr deal with us. lol. I wonder who edited that. Does make me laugh.

He is 6'2, 27 yrs old & I think has been brought up through the Mallorca youth system. I think he could be a solid signing at £4m. The defence certainly needs freshening up. He can also strike a free-kick, but I think it is safe to say if we were to sign him, it is solely his defensive abilities we are interested in....And can he pick a pass out of defence without the dreaded HOOOOOOOOF.

im swedish so ive seen the guy play in our national games, cant really say that i rated him (as a player or person).. think we can do better.

I cant say ive been following him in psv though so i might be wrong.

games played and goals made. 13 so far out of 25 games, which isnt too bad i spose :)

2010/11: 25 / 13

2009/10: 33 / 13

2008/09: 14 / 6

2008: 27 / 14

2007: 24 / 3

2006: 25 / 6

2005: 27 / 5

2004: 19 / 41