General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I’m sorry but Milner did not want to leave, this is my ITK.

As a coach who worked there for best part of 8 years I still have a few contacts.

Milner only left because City came in with a stupid amount of money at Randy, which he could hardly refuse, this is also why MON let has he wanted a big chunk of it but Randy said no, anyway that’s a different topic for another day.

The summer leading up to his leave he was in the process of building a £2 mil house in the Four Oaks area, when he was told City were in and we accepted he had to scrap the plans, big expense if he was thinking of going.

Also Milner has a little girl who went to a junior/childcare school in Four Oaks, his girlfriend befriended my mates Mrs as their younger daughter also went to the same school. They are still in contact today, whilst it was going on she was saying that his hand was being forced to move because City were offering so much money to Villa, he told Villa he didn’t want to go has he loved the club, MON (at the time) and the area. He expressed that if he went he would only get a few games here and there because of their wealth and buying so many players, so he didn’t want to go.

Anyway, take it as you will, but in the meantime, I would love to have him back, great engine in the middle, something we have missed last couple of years.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a coach who worked there for best part of 8 years I still have a few contacts.

Milner only left because City came in with a stupid amount of money at Randy, which he could hardly refuse, this is also why MON let has he wanted a big chunk of it but Randy said no, anyway that’s a different topic for another day.

The summer leading up to his leave he was in the process of building a £2 mil house in the Four Oaks area, when he was told City were in and we accepted he had to scrap the plans, big expense if he was thinking of going.

Also Milner has a little girl who went to a junior/childcare school in Four Oaks, his girlfriend befriended my mates Mrs as their younger daughter also went to the same school. They are still in contact today, whilst it was going on she was saying that his hand was being forced to move because City were offering so much money to Villa, he told Villa he didn’t want to go has he loved the club, MON (at the time) and the area. He expressed that if he went he would only get a few games here and there because of their wealth and buying so many players, so he didn’t want to go.

Anyway, take it as you will, but in the meantime, I would love to have him back, great engine in the middle, something we have missed last couple of years.

That is pretty much what I heard (although not to that level of detail). Milner was SOLD, he didnt particularly want to go but MON had the money spent elsewhere (McGeady from memory was one on his radar).

That above article, seems very much we have had a lot of players agent knocking the door but seems to want too much money.

Nothing gets past you ;)

I was actually going to say Nathanial Clyne, but then i thought i'd get Julie B into trouble again about her ITK information.

I wonder if those last paragraphs were aimed at Clyne per chance?

Was thinking the same thing. Good read. Hope we land someone this week. Or get rid of Hutton. That would be almost as good as a new signing.

I'm sorry but that is bollocks.

Because a club wants to sell, it doesn't mean you need to go. He had a contract with the club and it is the players choice. What do you think Messi would say if Barca said we've sold you to Stoke!

I loved the guy as a player, but the club agreed the fee as they thought it was good money, and Milner agreed a fat pay rise and the chance of winning trophies. Youre kidding yourself if you think he didn't want to go. He might have been sad to leave, but the player always has the choice.

I do think Milner will leave if he's benched all season again.

I wonder if those last paragraphs were aimed at Clyne per chance?

Was thinking the same thing. Good read. Hope we land someone this week. Or get rid of Hutton. That would be almost as good as a new signing.

Just some activity anyway, in or out, nothing worse than being in the dark and nothing happening.

When a club tries to sell you, it doesnt really give you a warm and fuzzy feeling does i?

In fact, you think that you are not part of the managers plans and are not wanted, therefore you think sod it. I will go then.

He was interviewed as he left Bodymoor Heath and I remember thinking "He doesnt want to go". He was nearly in tears, that doesnt happen if you are trying to manipulate your way out of a club.

I can tell you for a Fact that Milner went to see Rl/PF and said he wanted to leave to go to Man City . He was offered more money to stay but made it plain he wanted to go :!:

Because a club wants to sell, it doesn't mean you need to go. He had a contract with the club and it is the players choice. What do you think Messi would say if Barca said we've sold you to Stoke!

I loved the guy as a player, but the club agreed the fee as they thought it was good money, and Milner agreed a fat pay rise and the chance of winning trophies. Youre kidding yourself if you think he didn't want to go. He might have been sad to leave, but the player always has the choice.

When a club tries to sell you, it doesnt really give you a warm and fuzzy feeling does i?

In fact, you think that you are not part of the managers plans and are not wanted, therefore you think sod it. I will go then.

He was interviewed as he left Bodymoor Heath and I remember thinking "He doesnt want to go". He was nearly in tears, that doesnt happen if you are trying to manipulate your way out of a club.

Wasn't he voted player of the season. Hardly think MON was going to bench him after that season do you?

Yes - theres nothing wrong with Milners work ethic - I will grant you. - and if he did return I am sure he wouldn't be a billy big bollox. But I think its pie in the sky, city have no reason to sell, hed command a a massive fee, and would at the very least want wages comparable to our top earners.

I really think lambert wants to steady the ship, build a solid base - before we start signing superstars again.

So it's not because he's not Lamberts style?

He's not a superstar because the media doesn't dictate that he is. As for the massive fee? Well, we've yet to see Man City's acumen there. They WILL have to start shedding some of their earlier purchases soon and Jimmy could well be one of them. Where does he fit in now? Believe me, that kid will need to play football.

The wages? Well he would automatically be our best player, by a long, long distance. So yeah, he'll be worth it.

It's never gonna happen.... but I'll join in :lol:

The problem with the idea of Milner coming back is that Man City, more than likely, don't want/ need to sell him.

When they sold Dunne to us and gave us Ireland as a swapsie, they wanted to get rid of them. When the issue of wages was brought up, Man City agreed to pay a certain percentage (or a pay off) and this caused a delay in the transfer but, ultimately, allowed us to sign them on a wage we could afford.

In Jimmy's case; they have money to burn and I'm sure they'd be more than happy to keep him as a backup-backup-bench-warmer.

If we managed to offer a sum that they accepted, and Milner did strangely want to leave the League Winners, would he accept a much lower wage without Man City chipping in?

MysteryMan! Any news?

Also, Richard, you asked a question over the weekend 'Another deal early/mid next week?'..... What do you know? :winkold:

How am I kidding myself, these are worlds from horses mouth, all be it 3rd hand info.

I’d say its you who’s kidding themselves, how are so sure that what you say is gospel…

How many times does a bid for a player get accepted and then the player refuses to sign purely because he doesn’t want to leave…….cant think of many…whats he going to do sulk back at the club, I don’t think so, more than likely ask for a stupid amount of money per week.

As macandally said, when a club tries to sell you, it doesn’t really give you a warm and fuzzy feeling does it?

Everyone could see from his interview as he left Bodymoor Heath he didn’t want to go. He that doesn’t happen if you are trying to manipulate your way out of a move, he played well in his last game, scored, wasn’t exactly the Dwight Yorke way of doing things.

I think your just using the ‘I’ll get more money’ aspect to cloud what I know are real facts.

Agreed, if he spends another year on the bench he will leave...maybe this time he put in a request, sorry couldnt resist :D