General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like it or not we are where we are, Can't you just leave it and get behind the team ?

Getting behind the team is going to games and cheering them on. I do enough of that.

I don't class writing on the internet that everything will be great as an important aspect of getting behind the team.

In my view Big John, you are under estimating the power of the internet. Instantly, such views have an audience of potentially millions of people. How many views has this thread received?

Constantly airing negative views, time and time again, infects a fan base and negativity spreads like wild fire. Within a crowd, a negative voice can be drown out, if, it is a minority view. On an internet forum, it is so much more difficult for such views to be drown out, even if the views are that of the minority.

I am not solely pointing out your posts and I am not saying that people do not have the right to air any view they wish. However, getting behind the team on an internet forum is an important aspect of 'supporting your team' and it isn't just the fact that you turn up every week that makes you a 'good supporter'.

This !

Well if one game of FIFA is anything to go by

Bennet will be the greatest left back in the prem

Westwood can't shoot for shit

And Benteke makes heskey look graceful.

I was just thinking, can anyone give an example of a player coming from league 1 or 2 into the premiership and being good straight away?

Because we've signed 3.

Now i'm sure i'll be called negative but i'm being realistic, what are the chances of these players having a real impact on THIS season? When someone as highly rated as delph at that level struggles are we not expecting a bit much from these players?

Its alright to say Lambert wanted them, but not everything he touches will turn to gold.

Like i said can anyone throw out any examples?

I was just thinking, can anyone give an example of a player coming from league 1 or 2 into the premiership and being good straight away?

Because we've signed 3.

Now i'm sure i'll be called negative but i'm being realistic, what are the chances of these players having a real impact on THIS season? When someone as highly rated as delph at that level struggles are we not expecting a bit much from these players?

Its alright to say Lambert wanted them, but not everything he touches will turn to gold.

Top of my head but Dean Ashton? McLean last season for Sunderland?

Because we've signed 3.

well from lower leagues in the past, how about david platt, gareth barry, jagielka, ian wright, tim cahill and ashley young.

i'm sure someone who's smoked a lot less weed than me can point out a couple of dozen to you though.

Paul Lambert signed Anthony Pilkington last summer. He played in League 1 the season before with Huddersfield.

Don't really know about "straight away" but players who've come from those sort of divisions include Oxlade-Chamberlain, Bertrand, Tim Cahill (now in MLS though), Hart, Jagielka, Chris Smalling, that other lad from Crewe that Man Utd signed, Keiren Westwood, Jonjo Shelvey, and pretty much the whole squads of Southampton and Norwich.

can anyone give an example of a player coming from league 1 or 2 into the premiership and being good straight away?

Top of my head but Dean Ashton? McLean last season for Sunderland?

David Platt.

His near-namesake David Pleat was saying on R5 earlier that our signing of Westwood is an example of what more managers should have the courage to do - give promising young players from the lower leagues a chance.

Lambert seems to have done that fairly successfully before, and will also have better first-hand knowledge of lower league players than most Prem managers. I'm quite content to see him trust his judgement.

just woke up... Messi signed?

Good news about Benteke.. just watching SSN.. they showed him at the ground.. he looks massive! Absolute beast.

No news on getting rid of Warnock or Hutton? We would sell them for 100k... noone offered? not even on loan? Wheres MON