General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I haven't seen anyone writing off any of the players we've signed.

No one has said they will never be good. I think we have snapped up some good potential this summer.

What i've seen on here is serious concern that these players aren't ready to perform at the level we require when you consider how poor we are right now.

And these are Lamberts signings, dictated by a budget and until it was obvious how much trouble we were in a policy of shifting players to free up wages.

Lambert spoke about how players like carroll, defoe and Jones are quality and any teams would be interested in them and you really think he would have chosen so many lower league players if he didn't have such restrictions?

he could have quite easily signed players with premier league experience for the same money he has spent this summer. not amazing quality i admit but players who would have been safer bets in terms of staying up.

he spent 4 mil on bennet and 2 mil on lowton. he could have brought back in warnock and hutton (or used lichaj/herd) and spent that money on someone like adam or berbatov (4 mil each). if he wanted a new fullback he could have gone for boswinga on a free.

mulumbu (£175,000), cabaye (5 mil), tiote (3.5 mil) all quality players who came in and straight away looked good for prices like we have been spending this summer. vlaar and KEA look good, they are experienced players yet were only low fees. lambert could have signed more players like this.

however, just like he did at norwich he has chosen to go for young players from the lower leagues. that is his decision. he has said as much today. if he was really unhappy i would expect him to insinuate this in his press conferences. like mcleish last year we would hear "i would like quality but have to be mindful of wagebill etc". he is expecting these guys to come in and do a job straight away.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only on VillaTalk can a group of players be completely written off before they have even played. I bet if they had a few of these á, é, í, ó, ú, ü, ñ in their name you wouldn't be so critical.

Mícháél óúeñ?

Oh là là

Like it or not we are where we are, Can't you just leave it and get behind the team ?

Getting behind the team is going to games and cheering them on. I do enough of that.

I don't class writing on the internet that everything will be great as an important aspect of getting behind the team.

In my view Big John, you are under estimating the power of the internet. Instantly, such views have an audience of potentially millions of people. How many views has this thread received?

Constantly airing negative views, time and time again, infects a fan base and negativity spreads like wild fire. Within a crowd, a negative voice can be drown out, if, it is a minority view. On an internet forum, it is so much more difficult for such views to be drown out, even if the views are that of the minority.

I am not solely pointing out your posts and I am not saying that people do not have the right to air any view they wish. However, getting behind the team on an internet forum is an important aspect of 'supporting your team' and it isn't just the fact that you turn up every week that makes you a 'good supporter'.

Well **** it.

I'm going to put all the new players in the team on Fifa 12.

If i win a few games then i'll believe champions league is coming.

If i lose, well i'll just be as miserable about the future of my club as i am now.

Keep the faith John.

Can the incoming players really be as shite as Heskey, Warnock and Hutton ?

Given the chance these players may just surprise a few people....

Well **** it.

I'm going to put all the new players in the team on Fifa 12.

If i win a few games then i'll believe champions league is coming.

If i lose, well i'll just be as miserable about the future of my club as i am now.

Annoyingly, I spent about half an hour doing this last night only to find you can't start a career with edited teams as the game resets them.

I was **** seething.