General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delfonso away on loan to Blackpool. Strange one that
Not good enough, only surprise is its not perm

I dont rate him either, what was strange was that he started against Everton. Would that not have made him first choice backup to bent and benteke?

I think Gabby and Albrighton will be our wingers when they return.

---------------------Guzan---------------------

Lowton------Dunne-------Vlaar------Bennett

-----------------El Ahmadi---------------------

Albrighton-------------------------Agbonlahor

--------------------Ireland----------------------

-------------Benteke-------Bent---------------

Subs:

Given

Holman

Westwood

Lichaj

Clark

Baker

Bannan

Herd

Wiemann

Bowery

Even though I don't know much of the players, I am very happy with this window.

Lambert has done good transfer deals before, and I trust that the players fit into the team he would like to build. That is more important than every individual's perceived quality.

I was expecting a LB, Striker and a CM and we got all those. We spent 20 million on players, which shows that Lerner has opened his wallet again.

This was a good window.

Why did Pete Colley tweet "Villa now done..." as opposed to "Villa now done."

I wouldn't read anything into that, Colley is a pretty poor journalist. He doesn't get any scoops before they're announced officially and his grammar and writing skills are shameful for a professional journalist. I have no idea how he is employed as one at all, let alone by Sky. Baffling. As a journalism student however, he does give me inspiration. If that moron can do it anyone can.

I wanted Lambert here and I genuinely hope he has found us some unpolished gems. The team is crying out for an identity and it would be fantastic if this turned out to be "Lamberts Babes".

I do think though that the policy taken is a massive gamble. The last time I recall a team going out with this philosophy was when Peter Taylor left the U21s to take over at Leicester and we all know how that ended.

All I will say is Welcome to Lamberts new Lions, lets hope that hunger and a desire to succeed are enough to keep us up and then take us forward.

So, where does the deal for Benteke leave Gabby in the pecking order?

I reckon we can see Gabby playing out wide, being as we're short on wide players, remember we can still loan players out though, just gonna depend on what kind of system Lambert will mainly play.

So, where does the deal for Benteke leave Gabby in the pecking order?

Think the best 2 will play. It could be that Randy will listen to offers for Bent from now on.

But hey at least we have options .....!

Well happy with this window - can't wait for swansea at home - sure one of the new lads will score (well there are 8 of em !)

After initially being a bit pissed about this window, I'm actually coming round to it. In an ideal world we all want a quick fix but I think that going the Swansea/Norwich of developing young, hungry players, coupled with the stature and support of Villa is potentially the very best way to run a football club in this era (unless we get bought by a very rich owner). So, we will need to be patient, but at this point I'm very pleased that PL is our manager.

After initially being a bit pissed about this window, I'm actually coming round to it. In an ideal world we all want a quick fix but I think that going the Swansea/Norwich of developing young, hungry players, coupled with the stature and support of Villa is potentially the very best way to run a football club in this era (unless we get bought by a very rich owner). So, we will need to be patient, but at this point I'm very pleased that PL is our manager.

Spot on.