General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only on VillaTalk can a group of players be completely written off before they have even played. I bet if they had a few of these á, é, í, ó, ú, ü, ñ in their name you wouldn't be so critical.

Mícháél óúeñ?

I haven't seen anyone writing off any of the players we've signed.

No one has said they will never be good. I think we have snapped up some good potential this summer.

What i've seen on here is serious concern that these players aren't ready to perform at the level we require when you consider how poor we are right now.

And these are Lamberts signings, dictated by a budget and until it was obvious how much trouble we were in a policy of shifting players to free up wages.

Lambert spoke about how players like carroll, defoe and Jones are quality and any teams would be interested in them and you really think he would have chosen so many league one players if he didn't have such restrictions?

As with 90% of your posts you are taking your perception and passing it off as fact.

We don't know what was agreed between Lerner and Lambert, either on budget or selling players. What we do know is that Lambert is not the kind of guy who would stay somewhere where he felt betrayed by a chairman. So it's safe to assume that he's happy with things.

We also know that Lambert targeted a certain type of payer, he kept saying he wanted young and hungry players, hunger is something our team has lacked for years, and something a lot on here have been wanting.

Like it or not we are where we are, Can't you just leave it and get behind the team ?

It's comforting to know that whilst Dempsey has proved himself to be a proper tart about the whole thing, our bid has at least made it very awkward for Liverpool to get him on the cheap and has to a large extent rendered his going on strike tactic redundant. **** em both.

that henderson thing is obvious bullshit, the guy only setup an account today and the telegraph do not have a journo called roy jones

It's cringeworthy how easy it is to set a fake twitter account up and fool people.

It's embarressing to see these tweets appear on a Villa board.

I can just see the guy who setup the account now laughing his head off and saying what a bunch of dumbass Villa fools.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Overall, if we get Westwood and Benteke to add to the others then I'll be satisfied, not over the moon but not doom and gloom either. Experienced players from abroad, young and hungry players from lower leagues, all of whom are going to buy into the changes that Lambert wants to make in the way the team plays.

I was happy with the appointment of Lambert and I haven't seen anything to change that yet. Despite the champ manager generation, I'm happy to bow to Lambert's greater football and player knowledge. I love Villa, but it has to be said we do have some of the most negative fans at times, give the new players and manager a chance, just think we could have stuck with McLeish and all that that entailed.

We have picked up some great players who were 'lower league unknowns' before and they worked out pretty well, some not so, I'm sure these will turn out the same.

Lambert's start reminds me a little of GT's first spell as a manager, a different age football wise, but still feels a little like that.

Patience is definitely required though.

Like it or not we are where we are, Can't you just leave it and get behind the team ?

Getting behind the team is going to games and cheering them on. I do enough of that.

I don't class writing on the internet that everything will be great as an important aspect of getting behind the team.

On westwood, i have a friend who follows the championsip very closely and he speaks very highly of Westwood as a player.

Sam Matterface just said on TS ourselves and Newcastle enquired about John Gudetti on season long loan but City for some reason didn't want to loan him out.

What matterface said was that the managerial staff at villa wanted Guidetti but for some reason it got stopped by Faulkner or Lerner

Maybe his wage demands were to high?