General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest disappointment of the window for me is that Hutton and Warnock are still here :(

Wouldn't be surprised to see them loaned out in the next few days, plenty of rich lower league teams who will be willing to contribute towards wages

V excited about Benteke and Westwood. Maybe because I have had a few drinks.

Exactly my thoughts, again may be the drink talking but I think we'll be lucky to be above 16th come january and we'll need to spend big in that window.

Hope I'm wrong though.

UTV

Was good to hear PL on SKY just... all the panel were saying he had done a good job & had made some good signings typical of Paul Lambert.. Young & hungry who he can mould into an effective unit as he did at Norwich etc... He said he was delighted with the signings & just hoped us fans would be a bit patient & allow them time to gel/get up to speed etc.. Said if we gave them time they would do well.

the longer we stay on 0 points and bottom of the league the harder it will be. I dont think we have any real chance of any points in the next two games as newcastle and swansea are streets ahead of us. The Southampton game then becomes massive, if we lose that and 0 points from 5 games then i can imagine there will be trouble. the young players may well crumble under the unrest.

My opinion on the window?... In all honesty?..... I havn't a clue :lol:

I don't think i have seen any of these players ever play so how would i know?.. It really is just a case of ...Over to you Mr Lambert!

Hope it works out i really do would be great...If we stay up well thats all i'm hoping for now this season anything else is genuinely a bonus!

Good luck to all the new signings...Make us proud lads.......Please :D

So much negativity...

Lambert got a poor team (on paper) 12th last season at Norwich. He's signed 7 players (plus Holman who McLeish signed). He'll know what he wants to do and will have bought players that will play his way.

Can't really judge right now. Ill give it a few games. Sure we might lose our next two games, but this season IS going to be a stuggle. I just hope come the end of the season we are well above the relegation.

I'm not looking for top 10 right now. I just want to be away from that **** relegation. I just want to see some decent games/results now.

Was good to hear PL on SKY just... all the panel were saying he had done a good job & had made some good signings typical of Paul Lambert.. Young & hungry who he can mould into an effective unit as he did at Norwich etc... He said he was delighted with the signings & just hoped us fans would be a bit patient & allow them time to gel/get up to speed etc.. Said if we gave them time they would do well.

the longer we stay on 0 points and bottom of the league the harder it will be. I dont think we have any real chance of any points in the next two games as newcastle and swansea are streets ahead of us. The Southampton game then becomes massive, if we lose that and 0 points from 5 games then i can imagine there will be trouble. the young players may well crumble under the unrest.

Wow, a little too negative....

I think we''re insane to not have got in another CB. At this stage I think only Vlaar has the talent for the prem and even he's unproven. Baker represents pure potential, Clark isn't good enough and Dunne is on his last legs. We will ship goals.

Big John and KHV, Why not try filling those glass for a couple of months and let Paul Lambert and his squad sort out what they are doing?

Newcastle away is always going to be difficult but maybe we can spring a surprise, Swansea are a good team but I refuse to believe that PL will give up and roll over to any team especially at VP so just try to hold in there and give them (and us) a break from your constant negative posts.

After the previous 2 season I can understand as we are all a little nervous about what this season holds but you can either choose to berate the club, players, owner, manager etc and get yourselves even deeper into a depression about something you can do little about or you can choose to try to see the good things that the above are trying to do and give yourselves a break from being so down.

Hey who knows you might find you actually enjoy being a Villans either that or you find something in your life that you do enjoy because life's too short to be down all the time.

Big John and KHV, Why not try filling those glass for a couple of months and let Paul Lambert and his squad sort out what they are doing?

Newcastle away is always going to be difficult but maybe we can spring a surprise, Swansea are a good team but I refuse to believe that PL will give up and roll over to any team especially at VP so just try to hold in there and give them (and us) a break from your constant negative posts.

After the previous 2 season I can understand as we are all a little nervous about what this season holds but you can either choose to berate the club, players, owner, manager etc and get yourselves even deeper into a depression about something you can do little about or you can choose to try to see the good things that the above are trying to do and give yourselves a break from being so down.

Hey who knows you might find you actually enjoy being a Villans either that or you find something in your life that you do enjoy because life's too short to be down all the time.

Ta Gen K.

I think we''re insane to not have got in another CB. At this stage I think only Vlaar has the talent for the prem and even he's unproven. Baker represents pure potential, Clark isn't good enough and Dunne is on his last legs. We will ship goals.

I thought Vlaar was terrible and all over the place against Everton even before Clark was sent off.

I agree another CB was needed

Wow, a little too negative....

very negative but we can very easily lose the next 3......

3qpvzj.jpg

Feckin' aye!

All the shit that TSM left us with is gone, and Lambert has brought in the players, he feels will do the job for us. I look forward to seeing what these kids can do. We're not talking about young lads, that have only played youth football here, either. These are proper pros. They've had first team football from a young age. They know what they're doing. They're hungry, and they want it. All this talk of a lack of senior pros does my head in too. Given, Dunne, Ireland, Bent, Gabby, N'Zogbia have got bags of Prem experience. That's half a bloody team straight off! Then add Vlaar, Holman and KEA, who have experience of European football. Why can't we coble together a half decent starting line up out of that?