General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy Jones‏@RJonesTelegraph

Aston Villa have contacted Liverpool regarding Jordan Henderson. Both parties open to a deal. Stay tuned. #DeadlineDay[/quote

Now we're talking. Someone who will walk into the team and wont need time.

You've kept on going on about sell to buy all summer, you asked for the club to sign players before the likes of Hutton and Warnock were sold, they've done that and now you still moan.

Actually the one thing i've asked for all summer is quality.

I haven't demanded every player to be a big name and i haven't asked for stupid amounts of money to be spent.

No team in the league has started as badly as us, we were absolutely abysmal in both games we've played and out of the players we've signed over the last 2 days i can see 2 that MIGHT make a difference.

I still don't believe there are many clubs who have done worse than us this transfer window.

I believe we've gambled and once again will be worried about relegation this year.

I see already the defence of Lerner has started and all the responsibility put on Lambert.

so i suppose you are some sort of footballing visionary who knows 100% that none of vlaar, KEA, lowton, bennet, westwood and benteke are going to be quality?

care to drop some names as to who this quality was that you wanted and we didn't go out and get? then put some prices to them and then pick out only those combined you could get for £20m for the job lot.

if 50% of PL's signings this summer turn out to be quality, then we've definitely got a better squad than last year. that's what the windows for isn't it?

also, someone mentioned that our big problem in defence is at CB? wtf? our big problem was LB and RB and lambert has gone into the market to add to options on both flanks.

ffs, no-one has seen these lads kick a ball in a claret and blue shirt yet and suddenly we're nailed on for relegation and have had a shit transfer window. we've had 2 bad results, we might be in for another on sunday. doesn't mean we are going down or that PL isn't doing a good job. i'll reserve judgment till 10-15 games into the season...

You've kept on going on about sell to buy all summer, you asked for the club to sign players before the likes of Hutton and Warnock were sold, they've done that and now you still moan.

Actually the one thing i've asked for all summer is quality.

I haven't demanded every player to be a big name and i haven't asked for stupid amounts of money to be spent.

No team in the league has started as badly as us, we were absolutely abysmal in both games we've played and out of the players we've signed over the last 2 days i can see 2 that MIGHT make a difference.

I still don't believe there are many clubs who have done worse than us this transfer window.

I believe we've gambled and once again will be worried about relegation this year.

I see already the defence of Lerner has started and all the responsibility put on Lambert.

Ffs you're boring everyone.

We all know you feel like this, you don't have to re-state it on every individual page in every thread.

Mayhaps you'll be proven right but right now you're speculating and you know **** all about the players we've bought.

I haven't seen anyone writing off any of the players we've signed.

No one has said they will never be good. I think we have snapped up some good potential this summer.

What i've seen on here is serious concern that these players aren't ready to perform at the level we require when you consider how poor we are right now.

And these are Lamberts signings, dictated by a budget and until it was obvious how much trouble we were in a policy of shifting players to free up wages.

Lambert spoke about how players like carroll, defoe and Jones are quality and any teams would be interested in them and you really think he would have chosen so many lower league players if he didn't have such restrictions?

With regard to Westwood.

swansea were lining him up as a replacement for Allen so you can guarantee he can pass and has good ball retention. also being a captain at the age of 22 must mean he's mature and a 'character' in the dressing room. Think this is a very shrewd signing from PL.

On another note, just watching the Chelsea game and that Falcao looks like a handy player.....