General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was some serious booing at half time of our first home game.

Anyone think the signing of Bennet, Betenke and Westwood are going to make all those fans happy after Swansea teach us a lesson?

I don't know, will you be there ?

Season ticket holder for over 10 years and plenty of away games so don't throw that shit out.

I cheer as loud as anyone when i'm at the game, i go as crazy as anyone when we score. Expressing my frustrations on an internet message board has no effect on how i support the team.

I'm actually quite excited about the prospect of some of the players we've signed this summer but after an abysmal 2 games we are signing 2 players that could improve us and i just don't think thats enough.

Is Bentenke currently better than Weimann or a fit gabby?

Is Bennett much better than lichaj?

Delph was rated higher than any of the players we've signed from lower leagu and he's struggled at this level, even before his injuries.

I wasn't really questioning your presence at the game, more that you were likely (from your comments on here) to lead any booing.

To answer your questions, we don't know how good Benteke or Bennett will be, but it wouldn't take much for Benteke to be better than the Gabby we've seen the last 2 seasons.

Lambert was appointed, and most Villa fans were happy with that.

He has stated today that the transfer policy was his own, so I don't really see how you can blame Lerner for it.

You've kept on going on about sell to buy all summer, you asked for the club to sign players before the likes of Hutton and Warnock were sold, they've done that and now you still moan.

I don't know what Lamberts transfer record was at Norwich, but he certainly never spent the reported £8 - £10 M for Benteke on any player there, he chose to spend nearly 50% of his apparent budget on the guy, when i'm sure he could have bought players with premier league experience. How much Premier league experience did Newcastle's signings of last summer have between them ? How many of their players were household names ?

Whether you like it or not, Lambert and Lerner have agreed a budget for this season (as well as a realistic target for final placing), and on that basis Lambert decided he wanted to come and manage us. The club seem to have got on and signed the players that Lambert has publically stated he wanted, so if we fail, and as he knew the constraints when he took the job surely the only responsible person is Lambert ?

He'd have a better chance of success if people like you stopped bleating about fantasy signings, and just got behind the team that we have, because whatever we end today with is what we have until January, and all the moaning you ad people like you want to do will only make Lambert's job harder, and contribute to whatever the season holds for us.

We have a better LB than last year, we have a better RB than last year, we have a better CB than last year, we have better striking options than last year and if the deal for Westwood goes through along with KEA will have far better energy and mobility in the middle of the park than last year.

That means we now have a better team than last year in almost every respect and we have a better manager.

This has been done by spending £20m, course we could have spent that money on one or two players and perhaps got better players in those two areas but then of course we'd still be **** in all the other areas.

Not really sure what people want but this has been a good transfer window and not only do we have a better team the last year but one with longevity and one that can be added to because we havent spent a fortune in doing so now all we need is all the fans to get onside.

It will be hard for the fans to get on side when we are getting beaten by 3 and 4 goals.

Its been a very long time since we were whipping boys but I think fans are going to have to brace themselves for some big drubbings this season on a regular basis.

Had Everton been bothered they could have ended up with 6 or 7 had they not stopped playing. Our defence and midfield is truely dreadful and we still have not solved the defensive midfield problem yet, we still are very weak at centre back, we have no wingers and have two very inexperienced full backs.

We still have 3 hours to remedy these issues though

We have a better LB than last year, we have a better RB than last year, we have a better CB than last year, we have better striking options than last year and if the deal for Westwood goes through along with KEA will have far better energy and mobility in the middle of the park than last year.

That means we now have a better team than last year in almost every respect and we have a better manager.

This has been done by spending £20m, course we could have spent that money on one or two players and perhaps got better players in those two areas but then of course we'd still be **** in all the other areas.

Not really sure what people want but this has been a good transfer window and not only do we have a better team the last year but one with longevity and one that can be added to because we havent spent a fortune in doing so now all we need is all the fans to get onside.

Great post.... could not agree more!

From where we ended last season, to where we are now (in terms of squad).... I would say its been a very good window!

You've kept on going on about sell to buy all summer, you asked for the club to sign players before the likes of Hutton and Warnock were sold, they've done that and now you still moan.

Actually the one thing i've asked for all summer is quality.

I haven't demanded every player to be a big name and i haven't asked for stupid amounts of money to be spent.

No team in the league has started as badly as us, we were absolutely abysmal in both games we've played and out of the players we've signed over the last 2 days i can see 2 that MIGHT make a difference.

I still don't believe there are many clubs who have done worse than us this transfer window.

I believe we've gambled and once again will be worried about relegation this year.

I see already the defence of Lerner has started and all the responsibility put on Lambert.

Randy doesn't sign the players. Lambert has been backed with a fair bit of money and he chooses who he buys. You can't blame Randy for everything, although I don't really see why anyone has to be "blamed" for the transfers. Bowery, Bennett, Westwood and Benteke haven't even played for us yet.