General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Gabby and Albrighton will be our wingers when they return.

---------------------Guzan---------------------

Lowton------Dunne-------Vlaar------Bennett

-----------------El Ahmadi---------------------

Albrighton-------------------------Agbonlahor

--------------------Ireland----------------------

-------------Benteke-------Bent---------------

Subs:

Given

Holman

Westwood

Lichaj

Clark

Baker

Bannan

Herd

Wiemann

Bowery

Looking at that I'd be very concerned if we get a few injuries and therefore it would be better if we go out of both cup competitions early to concentrate on staying in the Premiership.

It's definitely not the window I was expecting and probably not the window we all were expecting but I guess you have to admire the manager for having the balls to purchase the players he has and the direction he has taken.

My worry is however that Lambert does not have a spine of quality within our squad to fall back on if the young players he has brought to the club either take time to settle, their form falls away due to fatigue, or, simply flop! What do we do then? Rely again on Gabby, Ireland and N'Zogbia to create and score enough goals to get us out of trouble particularly if Bent again picks up his customery injury?

Bringing in all those young players should make me feel excited at the possibility of a new dawn for our club but I'm very far from being excited. I'm actually very concerned that this new dawn has been implemented too quickly with not enough experienced quality within our squad should things not go to plan with our new signings. Surely we are not arrogant enough to think that we are too good to go down or has Randy promised Lambert more investment in January should we find ourselves in trouble?

Well......

Not the transfer window I was expecting if I'm honest, but we've got 8 players in for £20m approx, and I'm putting 100% faith that PL knows what he is doing.

Sure the players signed from the lower leagues are a gamble, but look at the team that PL assembled at Norwich - they finished 12th in the league last year, and they tore us a new arsehole in the final game of the season.

I was feeling a bit disillusioned earlier in the week, but I'm firmly behind the manager and his vision for taking the club forward.

Let the other clubs mock our signings, we'll see who's laughing come next May.....

UTV, Lambert's Lions!!

Sure the players signed from the lower leagues are a gamble, but look at the team that PL assembled at Norwich - they finished 12th in the league last year, and they tore us a new arsehole on the opening game of the season.

Huh?

Sure the players signed from the lower leagues are a gamble, but look at the team that PL assembled at Norwich - they finished 12th in the league last year, and they tore us a new arsehole on the opening game of the season.

Huh?

Sorry, I corrected my error......

Vlaar > Collins

Benteke > Delfouneso

Lowton > Hutton

Bennett > Warnock

KEA > Petrov

Westwood > Gardner

Don't know how you could disagree with that. I'm not saying it's turned us in to a top 10 team, yet, but I think we are better off than we were a year ago.

Very excited to see how Westwood develops....

he came across very well in the interview and he just comes across as a kid that just loves his football...

I think Benteke will be great for us too....

i do think we might regret not buying a winger......its obvious PL doesn't like playing wide but playing narrow isnt going to work every game as we found out in our first two games....

really liking the look of our new look team....young and vibrant with a bit of european flair....

with Dunne back in the team when fit i cant see experience being too much of a problem...

lets kick off with at least a point at Newcastle

UTV!!

I am quite happy. I wanted a new manager, a clean sweep of the back four and some freshness in the squad.i have all those things so can not complain...it's risky but who gives a **** ? We have been mediocre for decades. If it does not pay off then we are no worse off. I refuse to let the outcome of rich kids kicking a ball around ruin my mood anymore. I have a team and manager that I want to succeed. Thats all I ever wanted.

Was good to hear PL on SKY just... all the panel were saying he had done a good job & had made some good signings typical of Paul Lambert.. Young & hungry who he can mould into an effective unit as he did at Norwich etc... He said he was delighted with the signings & just hoped us fans would be a bit patient & allow them time to gel/get up to speed etc.. Said if we gave them time they would do well.

Delfonso away on loan to Blackpool. Strange one that
Not good enough, only surprise is its not perm

I dont rate him either, what was strange was that he started against Everton. Would that not have made him first choice backup to bent and benteke?

Don't forget we have Gabby coming back, and also signed Bowery, so he might well have been about 5th choice not even on the bench most of the time.

Also it might have been that Lambert just decided to give him a game as an audition as to whether or not to let him go on loan.

Last year our cbs were collins, dunne, cuellar, clark and baker and this year we have Vlaar, dunne, baker and clark. I think vlaar improves the starting 11 but losing cuellar and relying on baker and clark weakens our strength in depth in this position.

Hutton and warnock have been poor and we've improved with both full backs in an attacking sense, we'll have to see what improvements they bring to defending.

I don't see Westwood playing much or stepping up to premiership football straight away. Unlike Westwood Gary Gardner has represented england at youth levels and i didn't think he was good enough, barry bannan plays international football and i don't think hes good enough so i'll be very surprised if westwood is good enough to impact on this season.

Benteke looks to have potential and the athletic ability to handle the premiership. Again wether he is better than Weimman or a fit gabby will have to be seen.

And Bowery, like westwood, will be a massive surprise if he has any impact on this season.

I have a feeling that when people said "the window hasn't closed yet" or "lets wait and see what happens" a couple of weeks ago they weren't expecting three lower league young kids. I doubt anyone will admit it though.

I don't see it as a good window, we're still a poor squad.

In the first two games we've created one decent chance, could have let in 10 and have performed worse than every other team in the league.

I'll still be there and i'll still be cheering but after 10 games i'll be stunned if we're not in the bottom 5.

I think its so important we fill Villa park and get behind them for every game.

Yep, some morons on here were saying that, I guess they look rather stupid now. Although I'm sure their retort will be some nonsense about the 'quality' of player we've been signing.

I think Gabby and Albrighton will be our wingers when they return.

---------------------Guzan---------------------

Lowton------Dunne-------Vlaar------Bennett

-----------------El Ahmadi---------------------

Albrighton-------------------------Agbonlahor

--------------------Ireland----------------------

-------------Benteke-------Bent---------------

Subs:

Given

Holman

Westwood

Lichaj

Clark

Baker

Bannan

Herd

Wiemann

Bowery

is that starting line up some sort of joke? We would lose about 10 nil every week with that midfield. Every team would just walk through us. That would be terrible :lol: