General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

The Gouffran link will clearly be bollocks and when it doesn't come off more abuse for the club.

Hopefully not, there was talk on here of him being pitched at £1.5m, which is a **** unbelievable, if we aren't in for him then we should be for anything under £5m

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-----------Given

------Baker--------Vlaar

Lowton------------------Stevens

--------Delph--El Ahmadi

Stephens

------------------------Ireland

-------Bowers------Bent

More realistic

Jordan Adams‏@Jordanadams001

I've heard the Yoan Gouffran to #AVFC rumour is being lead by Mondial Sport Management, his UK agent. Nothing in it.

Jordan Adams‏@Jordanadams001

Following my Yoan Gouffran rumour tweet, it is also worth noting that Mondial Sport Management represent Gabby.... #AVFC

Jamaican-villan is right...I can see Bent being sold as we 'have replacements'

Those replacements would have to be keeping Bent out of the team on merit if the club were to risk selling Bent, this site would literally explode if he were to be sold.

Playing devil's advocate though you could argue there's little point having him in the side if he's not geting a touch of the ball, so if any newly purchased players are better suited to our style (whatever that may be) then there might be the opportunity to 'cash in' on bent and more importantly reduce the wage bill further.

Big, big gamble though because the majority of fans would be against selling the one recognised top player the club has left.

Look what happened with Torres at Liverpool. Bid came in on the final day, next breath, he'd gone!

Yeah, that was because a £50m offer came in. I'd sell Bent right now for £50m. I'd even take £30m.

I personally can't see who'd come in and offer the kind of money it would take to make us sell like that.

The club must know that selling Bent would not be well received regardless of who we sign beforehand. Think even Lerner must know he doesn't have that much goodwill left to play with.

Not saying it won't happen because who knows what's going on, but I think it would take a big bid to tempt the board and I just can't see where that would come from.