General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I would like Villa to sign one player, within reason, it would be Scott Parker. Would solve a lot of our issues and allow players like KEA and Ireland to flourish.

Parker & Benteke and I would be happy.

Every transfer is pretty much complete risk, even if Villa would sign Robin Van Persie it's never guaranteed that it'll work out. I gotta say though that only signing players from foreign or lower leagues sounds a bit too risky or troublesome.

One bigger marquee signing would probably lift up spirits in fans and team but maybe Lambert is sneaky and first buys off the cheaper ones and then announces the bigger signing.

Unless the transfer is Ronaldo or Messi :D

I think even those would be a risk :P

If I would like Villa to sign one player, within reason, it would be Scott Parker. Would solve a lot of our issues and allow players like KEA and Ireland to flourish.

Parker & Benteke and I would be happy.

Parker would be superb, he was the heart of the Spurs side last season and think he was more important to them than VDV. Agree completely that others at VP would spark off him too. Wonder how much they'd want for him?

I felt for AVB When he was at Chelsea and he had the revolt. I'm now thinking the Chelsea players were spot on, he comes across as a clueless egotistical buffoon. Why on earth would he list Parker, VDV & Lennon. Madness.

I still think we will see a big (on our scale) signing come in, im talking in the £10m+ bracket.

Lets not forget that PL new what he would be given before he took the job...

Lambert took the job thinking he could work with what he got and add a few additions i think.

Only after two games did he realise how shit we actually are.

I still think we will see a big (on our scale) signing come in, im talking in the £10m+ bracket.

Lets not forget that PL new what he would be given before he took the job...

Lambert took the job thinking he could work with what he got and add a few additions i think.

Only after two games did he realise how shit we actually are.

I agree mate, but my post still stands. Your reasoning is why i think we will see a biggish signing.

Slightly off topic, but where has this talk of AVB listing a host of spurs players come from?

Saw it on Goal.com

VDV in talks with German club he used to play for.I think AVB needs to clear players out to buy some in.Parker and Lennon good but horribly injury prone.