General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a big "marquee" signing. Benteke and Bennett would be great but a player like Ramirez as well would be excellent.

No we don't. Why do people think a "marquee" signing would benefit the club? I would rather find a Cabeye type player for £5million, than spend £20 million on one player just to excite the fans.

i like the fact Lambert looks at players in the lower leagues, obviously we need experience and looking overseas players is crucial also - but i always hated the fact we would pay over the odds for above average to average players - just because they had prem experience. Whilst other teams gambled and ended up with rough diamonds and players they could sell for a profit we bought at a premium.

Under MON our transfer policy was like we were in the big 4.

The reason Twitter is going nuts over the Gouffran link is because SSN are now reporting us as being in talks with Bordeaux over a deal, rather than yesterday when we were simply said to be 'interested in the player'.

I agree that it does seem as if Lambert has good knowledge of players, out of all these players we're currently linked to I've only seen Gouffran and Scott Parker play, the others I had no idea who they were - including Lowton, Vlaar and KEA who we already signed. Still think we need more experience at the top level, but if Lambert genuinely wants a revolution of young players then I guess we're going to have to just put our faith in him.

Anybody seen Gouffran's first goal of the season by the way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNDQQ1FeY8o

Sign him up :lol:

i go on the sky sports site and on the transfer centre and there is no mention of us and Gouffan though?

On the TV with the guy and the Transfer Update touch screen thingy, does seem suspect though with no stories hitting the internet