Brett Holman

ozvillafan

But my view is simply that for our Team right now, with what Pl is trying to do, a Holman playing how he did on Saturday is more beneficial than it would be to have Messi.

Everybody on the planet knows Messis abilities, I am not stupid. I think there is more to it than that. In the same way I wouldn't want Rooney or Ronaldo either.

I may well be mental. Who knows ?

Maybe, only you know the real answer. You're definitely wrong though. :)

He certainly does, it is one of his many gifts, but I didn't only mean work rate, I meant everything about where we are as a Club, where PL is, what he is trying to do, what we need, and so on.
Wonder what Lambert is trying to do for us as a club that Messi couldn't bring! :lol:

I think he'd consider a swap deal if Barca swooped with an exchange offer.

I actually can't believe I had to just spend 5 minutes typing out a post to argue that Messi would be better for us than Brett Holman :?

:lol:

I imagine that must feel bad !!!.......... it would be silly to go to far down that road. The point I am making could be applied to any number of quality players

I don't have any argument over who is the better player, of course not.

i have tried to say why I think Holman is better for us now than Messi would be, and I genuinely think so. For all sorts of reasons. T otake just one, the signing of Messi - or any similar player - would totally change the whole dynamic of what Pl is trying to do.

Fair enough, once we get to challenging Top 5 or so, but not for this Team, at this time.

As I said above, Des Bremner would have kept his place in Saunders team over anyone, not on ability, but because of the essential things he brought to the whole.

You are trying to say that although Messi would be a better player. At present with the people around him he wouldnt work as well as Holman in the Villa team. Put him in a Barcelona shirt and he is a world beater. Put him in a Villa shirt and he would not get the service or the passes he would need.

At present Villa need a player like Holman more than they need a player like Messi.

Not that we wouldnt want him.

Messi he is the player that Villa deserves, but not the one it needs right now. :lol:

Let's forget the Messi analogy / theory. It's a bit (lot) silly and distracting the thread.

Holman had an excellent game. People keep talking about lack of ability on the ball, but whilst he's no Messi (see what I did there?) to me he looked very capable with some good touches. He made us tick on Saturday and was my motm by a mile.

Well done to him, hope he keeps it up.

don't worry terry I know what you're saying and I'm with you on that one. Holman acts like a cement that keeps the bricks together, and messi is just the most amazing brick in the world, but if you only ever have fancy brick work, no ones left to keep an eye on how they're supposed to stick together and without cement, the building falls down. 8)

Holman does an important job for the team and does it well. For every Sid you need a Bremner; for every Beckham you need a Keane. For every Messi you need an Mascherano. Ok they are different levels of player but they are at a different level of play!

Brilliant display. Someone said not great coz it's not Messi - over a full season in this particular League, for this particular Club, at this time in the development , I would prefer Holman.

This is hilarious.

I have it on good authority that Messi has a poster of Brett Holman on his bedroom wall :!:

People need to think before they post these days, rather have a grinder in Holman as compared to Messi? The analogy makes no sense.

Messi would not sit on top waiting to get the ball from Albrighton or El Ahmadi, then score 10-12 goals a season because of lack of skills elsewhere. He would hold up the ball and cause havoc to every side, creating space and time for other players, making better runs for Ireland so he could fork out an easy pass, create goals for others, contribute in holding the ball in the side rather than forcing us to lump it up between to tall defenders etc. Bringing a better player in, in this case the best player the world has ever seen, would OF COURSE enhance our team and immediately bring us up the table. The thing about the best players is that they do not just score the goals, they do tons of others stuff because they make the most intelligent runs and passes. For Villa they would have to adapt and go a bit deeper in the pitch to get the ball at times, but the impact would be enormous. Messi could play every position other than GK and central defender and would still better our players blindfolded so to speak.

Â