Brett Holman

ozvillafan

I liked what I saw of Westwood when he came on.

Obviously you can't judge a player from the length of time he had on the pitch, but I thought he did just fine.

However, he's a completely different player to Holman, if that cameo is anything to go by. He just sat infront of the back 4 and defended. He didn't look like an attacking player in the slightest.

Again, that's just based on the 20 minutes or so he had on Saturday, I could obviously be way off because of that.

However, he's a completely different player to Holman, if that cameo is anything to go by. He just sat infront of the back 4 and defended. He didn't look like an attacking player in the slightest.

Again, that's just based on the 20 minutes or so he had on Saturday, I could obviously be way off because of that.

Think that's one of the reason's lambert bought him, to sit in front of the back 4 and dictate the tempo. Carrick-esque.

From what we've seen and heard, I think Westwood is a player more akin to El Ahmadi. Someone on VT suggested before that he could be used as KEA's replacement during the African Cup of Nations or if KEA got injured.

At present I don't think we have anyone else that can bring the intensity or graft that Holman does, if he were to pick up a knock.

Herd should be able to do a similar job.
Ah yes. Must be something in the Murray-Darling water.

Geography fail - Herdy's a Swan River catchment boy....

:winkold:

Look mate, just be grateful there's a Pom in existence that's heard (Herd?) of ANY Aussie rivers! :)

From what we've seen and heard, I think Westwood is a player more akin to El Ahmadi. Someone on VT suggested before that he could be used as KEA's replacement during the African Cup of Nations or if KEA got injured.

At present I don't think we have anyone else that can bring the intensity or graft that Holman does, if he were to pick up a knock.

I certainly see Westwood and KEA as holding midfielders, so they'd be unlikely to play together unless KEa is pushed forward or we're playing 5 in midfield.

Either way, both are very different from Holman from what I've seen so far.

Look mate, just be grateful there's a Pom in existence that's heard (Herd?) of ANY Aussie rivers! :)

Agreed.

I thought you were originally talking about tennis

Yeah it's amazing the amount of useless shite you'll learn just to win a pub quiz ;)

Good point. And who's to say they don't send water across the entire continent in some pipes.

Yeah it's amazing the amount of useless shite you'll learn just to win a pub quiz ;)
Funnily enough, I remember studying the Murray-Darling Basin in school geography lessons - and spotted it immediately on a picture question on University Challenge only this week!

We had enough bloody poms killing themselves trying to find the great inland seas in those days, let alone trying to turn the rivers around.

Mind you, if anyone could have done it, it would have been Brett Holman...

We had enough bloody poms killing themselves trying to find the great inland seas in those days, let alone trying to turn the rivers around.

It's a lot easier when you can walk on water..

Actually, we'll leave these gags to the Vlaar thread. Didn't Ron Vlaar discover Australia?

It's a lot easier when you can walk on water..

Actually, we'll leave these gags to the Vlaar thread. Didn't Ron Vlaar discover Australia?

No he just threw all the convicts there like darts, one by one :mrgreen:

Holman is one of those players that leaves me scratching my head as to how he ever made it to play top flight football. Apart from running round like a mad dog I fail to see what his footballing qualities are. His passing is awful, both in execution and selection. But he's not alone there to be fair.

Â